Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Low Voltage Project Manager
at Cummings Electrical
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Fort Worth
The low voltage systems Project Manager specializes in low voltage structured cabling projects specifically related to data center installations and the day-to-day operations of low voltage installation teams and systems technicians. This critical role works closely with Communications Project Supervisors and installation teams to ensure the overall success of project scope. The systems Project Manager takes the lead on an unmatched customer experience with the installation and execution of access control, CCTV, A/V, fire alarm, and category installations. The systems division strives for project completion and exceeding the client’s expectations. Cummings Electrical Project Managers are responsible for generating business, providing general management of communications and/or specialty systems, construction and existing facilities projects, and overseeing staffing needs. The Project Manager provides our customers, internal and external, with a value added experience. It is our objective to generate repeat customers while balancing the short and long term goals of both Cummings Electrical and the Customers we serve.
- Takes full ownership and accountability to facilitate project success
- Applies technical and soft skills to resolve complex problems to ensure successful delivery of projects or programs
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross-functional problems
- Develops risk mitigation plans to preempt potential problems through the application of concepts techniques, knowledge and processes
- Coordinates deliverables with internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed contract scope and customer expectations
- Complies with Cummings Electrical policies and procedures
- Creates and tracks project related documentation (schedule, change orders, punch list etc.)
- Creates and maintains a safe and healthy work environment
- Ensures that all work is in compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements
- Accurately predicts the project (overall company) staffing requirements along with supporting the development and maintenance of the overall workforce needs of the company.
- Identifies and generates new business through networks and maintains customer relationships
- Promotes a positive Company Culture by fostering friendly and constructive employee relations
- Works closely with Purchasing Department and vendors to ensure effective material coordination
- Sets communications teams up for success by ensuring all labor and material management needs are met.
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills or abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
- 8-10 years of experience as a Project Manager in large communications infrastructure installations from ground up to existing facilities, with proven knowledge and experience working with A/V systems, fire alarm, cat6 and other Layer 1 infrastructure applications.
- RCDD, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or is preferred.
- Team leader with proven business acumen and at least three years of Communications project management experience who thrives when planning and working with project teams
- Excellent communicator and problem solver with a drive for results who wants to be in a client-facing and highly visible role
- Subject matter experts in the construction industry and with customer retention
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits offered; Health, Dental, Vision & 401K.
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.