Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cummings Electrical
- Job Locations
The Entry-level Manufacturing Tech is an integral part of the team responsible for helping reduce labor demands on all of our jobsites. Responsibilities include carefully and correctly assembling and configuring electrical components, for consistent, high-quality, cost-effective, and timely deliverables. Promotes environmental stewardship and a work culture focused on health and safety, in a controlled setting.
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional responsibilities may also be assigned)
- Always act in a safe manner following all safety standards
- Perform duties in production according to standard operating procedures
- Assist with daily manufacturing operations in manufacturing facility
- Confirm correct materials and appropriate quantities are used, report any discrepancies
- Maintain records in a facility environment
- Verifies and gathers parts, tools and measuring devices needed for assembly
- Be efficient with your time and materials while ensuring top quality electrical installation to meet the National Electrical Code
- Assemble and test electrical components according to specifications
- Assist others where needed and follow a neat and process-oriented work style
- Report any violations to the Manufacturing Manager
- Perform daily and site clean-up
- Proper use of basic hand tools and power tools
- Standing – Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about, for extended period of time.
- Walking – Moving about on foot.
- Sitting – Remaining in the normal seated position for extended periods.
- Lifting – Raising or lowering an object (~50 – 150 lbs) from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Carrying – Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder, e.g., tools equipment, and materials up to 50 lbs up to 200 feet.
- Pushing – Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (includes slapping, striking, kicking and treadle actions)
- Pulling – Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the forces (includes jerking).
- Ascending or descending ladders, lifts, stairs, scaffoldings, ramps, poles and the like. Body agility is emphasized.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or running on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Ability to perform duties in extreme varying temperatures, e.g., exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions, on your feet, 8 to 10 hours daily, up to 6 days a week.
- Job requires employee to wear required personal tools and belt with them at all times.
- Work from all types of ladders, stepladders up to 14', "A" frame ladders and all size extension ladders.
- Carry and relocate extension ladders up to 20' stepladders up to 12' by yourself.
- Employee's personal weight with personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1 - 250 lbs., Class 1A - 300 lbs.).
- Perform work at various heights, up to 50' from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks or other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas, switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics and vaults, following proper procedures.
- Follow special procedures including contamination control, noise control, vibration, building systems awareness and procedures.
- Respond to short notice overtime requirements.
- Field employees will wear appropriate shirts with sleeves, long pants and sturdy work shoes or boots (OSHA standard). All clothing will be of a proper fit and condition so as not to constitute a safety hazard. Clothing may not have any derogatory, offensive, sexually suggesting or degrading writing, symbols, pictures, language, or logos of other contractors.
- Wear personal protective equipment, e.g., hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, masks and vest.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years' experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills
- Good organizational and housekeeping skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Able to provide his/her own tools
- Able to lift 50lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Salary requirements commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision and 401K