Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
XY Layout Engineer
at Cummings Electrical
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Fort Worth
Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our growing team as a Total Station Layout Operator. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member to promote productivity and accuracy; specializing in shooting points for the following,
- Site and Building Underground
- Inslab points for Inserts, Sleeves and Blockouts
- Point locations for Manufactured Products with elevation.
- Extract Flagged Points for QAQC
Must possess the experience and knowledge for both the Nomad and the Kenia Tablet collectors. Ability to load all necessary files on collectors and troubleshoot all issues that may occur during this task. If control is not available, must have the ability to set control for site and building to meet and maintain a 1/16” tolerance. Must have a working knowledge of the Trimble Unit and be able to run system checks and diagnostics to maintain the accuracy of the robot. Ability to recognize if unit is not performing correctly and make any necessary adjustments to correct issue. Ability to calibrate prism poles prior to each shoot. Finally have the ability to interact with Cummings Staff, Clients, Contractors, and General Public.
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
General Essential Responsibilities (The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional responsibilities may also be assigned.)
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations according to company policy.
- Must be able to lead a small group of 2 to 4 XY Techs across multiple projects and train others.
- Daily care, charging, and maintenance of instrumentation (Trimble RT-655 MEP Robotic Machine)
- Uploading and downloading of data collectors; and capable of using all functions of Trimble Robot and data collectors, depending on the need of the project.
- Ability to create control points that will tie in the site and building for Trimble Robot Set-Up.
- Ability to carry control throughout the project and maintain 1/16” tolerance.
- Establish checkpoints prior to shooting points to maintain/confirm 1/16” tolerance.
- Ability to manage team and schedule task across multiple projects to meet GC Schedules.
- Work closely with CAD Department and On Site Supervision to mitigate any problem/issues.
- Construction background with concentration on commercial/industrial projects.
- Must pass required background checks. (Per Project Requirements)
- Build and maintain solid client relationships with good communication skills while interacting on job sites.
- Work in all weather conditions, stand or walk for long periods.
- Carry up to 50 pounds of equipment over rough and steep terrain.
- This posting requires 80% field and 20% office work.
- Recommend and implement improved work processes and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use of the Trimble RT-655 MEP Robotic Machine or similar equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required with industry experience.
- Good Mathematical and Problem Solving Skills that relate to the use and operation with the Trimble RT-655 Robotic Machine or similar equipment.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record-keeping, routine database activity, work processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Proficient with Trimble or similar Robotics equipment.
- Good communication skills; both written and oral.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background checks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and ability to pass a driving record check.
Desired Qualifications (Preferred but not required)
- Electrical or mechanical background
- AutoCAD MEP Software (Will provide on the job Training)
- Trimble Field Points Software (Will provide on the job Training)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits offered; Health, Dental, Vision & 401K.