Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Project Manager, Software Development
at CyraCom, llc
The IT Project Manager, Software Development will work in a leading-edge organization addressing challenging business and technical issues. Your projects will span across technologies from Web/Desktop Applications to Mobile/Native Applications. You must have the ability to deliver needed results utilizing a high amount of collaboration, proactive ownership, win-win problem solving, facilitating change, and customer centric focus. In this role, you will manage and provide direction for internal project teams, while acting as the client or IT Product Manager’s advocate to ensure goals and objectives of the projects are met.
As an IT Project Manager-Software Development , you will:
- Drive project execution at all levels of the agile development lifecycle utilizing Scrum methodologies.
- Support IT Product Manager in ensuring stories are completed to their specifications. Timely escalate to the IT Product Manager if stories cannot be built to specifications with possible team solutions.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments; schedule and encourage participation in all Scrum ceremonies from Daily Standups to Showcase presentations; strive to remove roadblocks and leverage organizational and external resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Promote empowerment of the team and ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution; encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team; assume very active role in mentoring and developing team members.
- Participate in estimation process around use case sizing and align sprint/release planning to team capacity; ensure adherence to industry standard of two to four weeks for Sprint delivery.
- Contribute to the decision-making process and facilitate conflict resolution
- Manage multiple projects at once.
- Travel, on occasion, to other office locations.
As an IT Project Manager-Software Development, you must have:
- Detail-orientation, with strong organizational skills, able to work under deadlines in a changing environment, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to prioritize, communicate clearly, a consistent track record of delivery, and an obsession about the customer experience.
- Ability to interact with executives, managers, subject matter experts, and product owners in matrix structure of product management team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work up, down and across organizational levels.
- Strong business acumen, operations and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to assess current practices, identify opportunities for improvement, build consensus and drive the implementation of related changes.
- Excellent executive presence and a track record of success working closely with the C-Suite.
- A flexible nature, good sense of humor, the ability establish strong working relationships, and enjoy being part of team of like-minded individuals.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or directly related field.
- 2+ years of working with cross functional teams consisting of business leaders, third party technology vendors and software development teams consisting of both onsite and offshore resources, while applying an Agile Methodology.
Ideally, you will also have:
- PMP or Scrum Master Certification.
What else you can expect:
Physical Demands :
Requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Extensive use of a computer and repetitive hand movements in the performance of duties.
Occasional lifting and carrying of material weighing up to twenty pounds may be required
Equipment Operated : Personal computer, printers, fax, copier and telephone.
Environmental Factors : None.
Duties not listed in this position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of management . The incumbent may delegate all or any of his/her duties to qualified personnel; however, such delegation does not relieve him/her of overall responsibility and accountability for the successful conduct of those duties.
WHY WORK FOR CYRACOM?
CyraCom International, Inc. is the leading provider of language interpreting services and operates the most extensive network of large-scale interpreter contact centers. CyraCom impacts the lives of millions in the United States by connecting those with limited English proficiency to critical services. In business since 1995, CyraCom services thousands of clients throughout the US, Canada, and Europe. The Company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the United States for a ninth year in a row and eleventh time overall in 2017.
“We make a difference every day.”
CyraCom team members help thousands of people communicate every day by removing cultural and linguistic barriers in all levels of every day conversation. We ensure high levels of accessibility by providing interpretation services over the phone, through video, and on-site at our client locations. We work relentlessly to provide the support and infrastructure necessary to ensure people can communicate at a moment’s notice, because at any time our service could be needed in a life-saving event. Our hundreds of clients span numerous industries, including hospitals, banks, insurers, entertainment companies, and government agencies.
Our employees most often say three things:
Culture: You have the resources of a large company with the flexibility and excitement of a start-up.
Impact: Your contributions matter; people notice the changes and improvements you create.
Meaning: Your work ultimately helps improve the lives of millions in the United States – CyraCom helps those who cannot communicate normally to access to healthcare and other vital services.
We value our employees and believe that an enjoyable work environment is beneficial to all. Here are some ways we contribute to that goal:
- We celebrate our diverse workforce.
- We encourage our employees’ professional and personal growth, including tuition reimbursement and internal promotions
- We provide a “business casual” dress code (with “casual Fridays”).
- On occasion, CyraCom provides a professionally catered luncheon for employees at each of our locations.
- CyraCom also sponsors occasional “Spirit Days” customized for each location and its employees.
CyraCom provides a generous menu of benefits from which you can pick and choose what is best for you and your family, including Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance, Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and professional development.
CyraCom also provides competitive salaries, along with discretionary bonuses based on individual and company performance
Equal Opportunity Employer
CyraCom International, Inc.’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind. CyraCom International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CyraCom International, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.