Dallas Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant (226 Days)
at Dallas Independent School District
Openings as of 8/21/2019
Central Office Support
- Administrative Assistant (226 Days) JobID: 30897
- Position Type:
Central Office Support/Administrative Assistant
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled QUALIFICATIONS:
- Accredited High School Diploma or equivalent (U.S.A. equivalency) required
- Three (3) years of directly related experience; school district experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional and office equipment
- Efficient in compiling and processing data
- Ability to respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from employees, board members, local businesses, parents or member of the general public
- Problem solving/investigative skills to research and respond to inquiries
- Demonstrated knowledge of school and district organization, operations, policies, goals and objectives
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of district personnel and the public
- Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred
- Serve as administrative support to School Leadership Department
- Organize and manage routine work activities of the department, with an emphasis on prioritizing tasks and time
- Answer main phone line and manage incoming calls appropriately
- Provide support to division staff for various trainings, ordering, meeting reservations, etc.
- Manage technology for the School Leadership Department
- Process payroll and maintain employee records
- Process requests for purchase orders, check requests, and other purchases and payments
- Make travel arrangements as requested
- Greet staff, parents, community, etc. upon entrance to the department and assist with directing to appropriate location
- Answer general questions for all contacts, providing appropriate answers or directing contact to the appropriate person
- Respond to inquiries from employees and the public in an accurate, knowledgeable, and efficient manner
- Compile data for reports by summarizing information
- Type, prepare, review and forward documents, district forms and correspondence in a timely manner
- Organize and maintain an accurate and efficient filing system
- Provide regular feedback to assistant superintendent and executive directors regarding the status of projects or issues
- Foster a collaborative working and learning environment
- Provide Support to department for various trainings, meeting reservations, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact to set up offsite technology for meetings and presentations
- Manage inventory and supplies for School Leadership Department
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned
Salary Minimum: $35,648
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer – Human Capital Management.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H
If interested apply online at
Dallas Independent School District, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, as well as board policy not to discriminate in such a manner (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).