Dallas Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Professional Development Instructional Specialist (226 Days)
at Dallas Independent School District
Openings as of 8/20/2019
- Professional Development Instructional Specialist (226 Days) JobID: 29775
- Position Type:
Related Instructional/Instructional Specialist
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Foreign Language, Language Acquisition, Applied Linguistics, Language or Linguistics Related Field
- Must have a valid Texas Educator Certificate in a Foreign Language
- Must have 5 years of experience in administrative/professional delivery and teaching experience in a second language classroom combined required
- Develop and present professional development training to foreign language teachers based on the district’s curriculum in First and Second Language Acquisition
- Directly work with and support teachers from Less Commonly Taught Languages, such as visual languages, classical languages, and those that use non-alphabetic writing forms
- Provide training and assistance to teachers from multi-cultural backgrounds on successful instructional foreign language delivery in urban classrooms
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer – Human Capital Management.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H
If interested, please mail resumes to:
Attn: Amy Anderton
Director, World Languages
2909 N. Buckner Blvd. Suite 605C
Dallas, Texas 75228
Dallas Independent School District, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, as well as board policy not to discriminate in such a manner (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).