Dallas Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Intern Part-Time -Summer Intern
at Dallas Independent School District
Job Status: Part Time,Internship,Seasonal
Job Reference #: 29571
Categories: Summer Jobs
Openings as of 6/19/2019
Central Office Support
- Student Intern Part-Time -Summer Intern JobID: 29571
- Position Type:
Central Office Support/Student Intern
- Date Posted:
Information Security POSITION FUNCTION/PURPOSE
- Undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with a curriculum focused on Information Security, Information Assurance or Computer Science
- Completed a network and programming course
- Enrolled or completeda course in the fundamentals of Information Security, relevant work experience, or industry
- Demonstrated passion for information technology and security
- Learn and use Security Tools like AD Manager and Rapid 7
- Perform patch level testing on desktops and servers
- Perform preliminary compliance audits against institutionally accepted security controls
- Obtain an understanding of how Role Based Access Control (RBAC) systems are implemented
- Assist with forensics analysis and fact gathering od security incidents
- Use open source tools like Nessus, NMAP and Beef and the Kali LINUX suite of tools
- Learn and use a Pineapple wifi tool
- Partner with the IT department to plan, implement and support new and existing security technologies
- Learn and write Python or Java scripts
The Information Security Intern will provide daily operational support to information security processes. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver with a desire to identify issues and formulate solutions that reduce risk and align with organizational strategies. You will have the opportunity to learn or be exposed to.
Minimum Salary $ 18.50 per hour
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer – Human Capital Management.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H
If interested apply online at
Dallas Independent School District, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, as well as board policy not to discriminate in such a manner (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).