Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Strategy & Operations - Consultant
We are part of one of the world's leading consulting firms for Advisory Services. We combine experience, scale, and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems.
Strategy & Operations works with C-level management to help make major decisions and implement improvements that enhance clients? business performance. Our strength is our focus on ‘executable strategy', across a broad set of strategic and operational client issues.
Our path-breaking globally integrated consulting delivery model was launched in March 2006. We work with international clients to delivery consulting services. Our practitioners are drawn from top-tier business schools, engineering schools, and Ph.D. programs, besides lateral hires with deep foundations in the industry. They bring significant experience in industry, consulting, and corporate strategy and are required to travel globally on client engagements.
Work you'll do
As a member of integrated teams across the US and Indian geographies, you will play a key role in the delivery of client engagements. You will be involved throughout the project life cycle, adding the most value during the problem structuring and analysis phases. Depending on the assignment, your role could be end-to-end across the project life cycle or through a subset of the project phases that cover Pre-Sales, Proposal Development, Sales Execution, Client Kick-off, Tag-Team Deliverable Development and Final Recommendation.
As part of the analysis phase of the engagement, you will conduct fact-based research, by gathering, organizing and synthesizing information to develop key insights. Additionally, you will conduct complex financial and business analysis to contribute to client recommendations.
On an execution basis, you will conduct primary client interviews and workshops, collating the information gathered in this way with client data as well as third party data obtained through secondary research. Leading from the analysis of this data, you will contribute to the development and refinement of hypotheses and the creation of client recommendations. Typical work threads you would be expected to develop and manage would include: client current profitability, analysis of the market and understanding the trends, competitive landscaping, financial modeling, industry predictions, developing and recommending for cost savings, and creating recommendations for revenue enhancement, suggesting future growth / market strategies, and developing client roadmap
Capabilities of an S&O practitioner will include:
• Charting one's own career and building networks within the organization.
• Working both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
• Prioritizing tasks, working on multiple assignments, and raising concerns/questions where appropriate.
• Interacting with the Client on a regular basis through face to face interactions/ video conferences / teleconferences / mails to understand the client processes and business problems.
• Suggesting practical solutions and partnering with the Client to implement the solutions.
• Managing projects or project modules independently.
• Seeking information / ideas / establishes relationship with Client to assess any future opportunities for additional business.
• Identifying industry best practices and implementing on engagements.
• Project management activities including preparing project status updates as required
• Defining project standards, knowledge of methodologies, and understanding process improvement initiatives.
• Interacting with client's functional subject matter experts.
• Clear and concise communication - conduct client interviews, participate in workshops/trainings and present recommendations.
• Analytical thinking - ability to perform detailed, quantitative analysis and research (primary and secondary). Synthesize and present insights and recommendations from data.
• Logical structuring – structured approach to problem solving and ability to perform root cause analysis of client problems
• Deadline-oriented and quality focused- develop and own development of deliverables
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
• MBA from a premier school in India or abroad / PGDBM 2nd year students
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we invest a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities— including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The
Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world- class learning center in Hyderabad is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to the growth and development of our professionals.
Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we value our professionals and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our professionals to do their best every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can empower them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our professionals can excel and lead healthy and happy lives.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting India Private Limited, which provides consulting services through an integrated service delivery model. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. This entity is an indirect subsidiary of Deloitte LLP.