Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Trainer - Technology Services
at Denton County
THIS POSITION MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME ONCE A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.
The Technology Trainer performs advanced professional work researching, designing and developing training courses; customizing third party training content; and presenting both instructor led and e-learning technology training programs for Denton County employees. This work includes consulting with Denton County departments to determine technology training needs, developing training materials, and instructing employees on established and emerging technology and applications as they apply to the County. The Technology Trainer is required to provide excellent customer service, resolve problems in a timely manner, communicate effectively, and be a positive contributor to the Denton County Technology Services Team.
- Examples of Duties
- Manages all aspects of the Denton County Learning Management System (LMS) including, but not limited to, loading and managing training courses, creating assessments and surveys within the LMS, testing course content, troubleshooting LMS failures and discrepancies, managing user accounts and system user roles, consulting and working with subject matter experts (SMEs), configuration of reporting, providing technical support, training, and customer service to all LMS users.
- Provides expertise in the development and delivery of training, both instructor-led and online, on topics related to Cyber Security Awareness.
- Utilizes audio/visual software and hardware to create e-learning courses.
- Helps County employees with the use of standard off-the-shelf office productivity software.
- Manages and maintains technology training labs equipment, training materials, and the technology training library including adding resources and checking out materials to employees.
- Works with Technology Services team to create marketing, promotional, and newsletter material (including emails) related to technology training, technology programs, and initiatives.
- Facilitates workshops. Acts as a resource during technology labs.
- Coordinates the calendar for use of the Technology Services Training room.
- Assists with maintenance and updating of SharePoint portals to include IntraSite pages containing computer training schedule and registration database for the Technology Services Training Center.
- Makes recommendations for technology training, including vendor training materials.
- Provides support to the Administrative Specialist(s) and serves as backup in their absence.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED, completion of some college level course work and a minimum five years of experience in a related field; or any equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver's license required. Must obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of employment.
- Must not have any Class B misdemeanor or higher convictions or deferred adjudications.
- Advanced Microsoft Office application skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required.
- Experience in instructional design, e-learning development, and Learning Management System (LMS) administration experience preferred.
- Supplemental Information
Effective October 1, 2019, there will be a 3% increase to the starting salary, pending Commissioners Court approval.
To ensure proper delivery of emails please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list.