DeWolff, Boberg & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Business Partner
at DeWolff, Boberg & Associates
Human Resources Business Partner
With over 30 years of cross-industry management consulting experience, DeWolff, Boberg & Associates (DB&A) has successfully conducted over 700 projects in 20 countries. Our staff members are exposed to Fortune 100, 500, and 1000 companies in various industries. We focus on customized solutions utilizing our client’s existing people, processes, and business environments to help them achieve dramatic improvements in productivity, quality, service, and profitability.
DB&A drives a culture of accountability at the top level of management and ownership of results on the front lines so that companies win every day. Our company consists of highly competitive and capable business professionals who strengthen client organizations by creating opportunities for continuous growth. We value a superior work ethic, integrity, accountability, innovative ideas, and transparency.
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position may include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Serve as a strong resource for all HR matters. Anticipate, maintain and enhance DB&A by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and best HR practices.
- Identify and implement best practices to partner, align and collaborate with the functional HR Team and leaders/staff in sales, analysis and operations to ensure superior standards of service
- Partner to oversee processes and handling of performance management, compensation adjustments, promotions, market studies, and other business-specific strategic HR initiatives
- Develop an intimate knowledge of current talent enabling input into succession planning, high performers/high risk, sourcing/recruiting processes, and career development opportunities
- Partner with leadership to organize talent required for project set up, maximizing development and growth opportunities – modifying as necessary throughout the life cycle of projects
- Reinforce team building and strength by overseeing development alongside Project Managers and staff members
- Add and modify talent to benefit all team partnerships exceeding project expectations and demands
- Oversee all project transition development discussions to ensure staff’s transfer from project to project is consistently supported and executed
- Partner to facilitate calibration sessions regarding competency assessments, anniversaries and annual performance review periods
- Provide input including but not limited to coaching, and resolution to employee relation matters, i.e. discipline, grievances, absenteeism, motivation, conflict resolution, etc.
- Remain apprised and informed on specific trends to ensure alignment of policies, procedures, benefits, etc.
- Provide support on employee benefits related questions and oversee annual administration of open enrollment
- Support recruitment initiatives in partnership with corporate recruiting function
- Serve as the “expert” as it relates to external diagnostics, utilizing as a preemployment assessment and career coaching tool
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
- Perform day-to-day HR tasks ensuring compliance and accuracy
- Coordinate special employee engagement activities i.e. annual meeting and philanthropy programs
- Execute ad hoc requests and assist with special projects and other initiatives as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Superior communication skills – verbal and written
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong ability to identify and prioritize key organization needs Solutions oriented
- Able to handle personnel issues with confidentiality, sensitivity and respect
- Understanding of company-wide HR systems, maximizing utilization Capacity to work independently and in team settings fostering strong and healthy partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in human resources, general business, or related field
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in progressive levels of human resources functions
- Ability to travel to project sites to serve organization needs and partner with staff and Project Managers
- Two medical plan options that have 100% employer paid medical premiums for employee only plan
- Medical, FSA/HSA, dental, short & long-term disability insurance offered
- Medical, dental and vision insurance goes into effect the 1st day of the month following 45 days of employment
- Two weeks paid vacation, one-week paid PTO and paid year-end holiday closure
- When travel is required: Per diem ($40 per day) and parking/transportation allowance ($40 per week)
- All credit card reward points and air miles aggregated for personal use
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of DeWolff, Boberg & Associates is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. DB&A hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
DB&A believes that all employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each team member to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.