Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Asset Manager
at Digital Realty
The Senior Asset Manager role offers you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience in multiple areas, including client management, analysis, and the thriving data center niche within the commercial leasing industry. You will manage relationships with tenant customers at multiple properties where you will provide analytical insights to support business decisions at the properties. You’ll be actively involved not only in renewals and expanding business, but also in negotiating new leases and proposals, and overseeing the master planning process of new and existing data centers. The properties are highly visible and your success in this role may set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our organization.
You will join a team that includes other Senior Asset Managers, Assistant Asset Managers, a Portfolio Analyst and a Regional Admin. You will invest the largest part of your time in managing relationships with the tenants, attending construction meetings and ensuring we have the appropriate data center amenities and features to support the needs of the market. You'll take ownership of the properties in the region while working to build the brand in the community. Most of these customers have short-term leases and, as you can imagine, there will be plenty of renewal work to be done. But you'll take a more proactive approach to these relationships, reaching out to each customer well in advance of the renewal, entertaining them, ensuring they are satisfied with our services and engaging with them to explore expansion opportunities. In addition, just as important, will be the analytical expertise you'll provide for the Asset Management and Property Management team regarding leasing, re-development, capital improvements, and property and technical operations expenditures for these sites. You also may provide accurate financial reporting and forecasting for the properties and assist with various special projects and complex analyses.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree; and an MBA or CPA (highly desired).
- Ten plus years of experience in commercial leasing; including analysis, sales / customer management, and positioning / marketing assets on a competitive basis within the market.
- Experience working through entitlement development, master planning and construction oversight in an ownership / strategic capacity.
- An outgoing and engaging personality with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, goal orientation and a strong sense of ownership.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple activities and priorities effectively.
- A professional and articulate presence and comfort interacting with senior executives.
- A high level of commitment to customer service for both co-workers and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Analytical skills; including the following:
- Comprehending, analyzing, and interpreting financial statements, budgets and financial forecast models, title and legal documentation conveying title, insurance certificates and riders, mortgage and portfolio debt instruments, construction specifications, plans and contracts.
- Analyzing the financial impact of capital allocation decisions, and thinking creatively in regards to maximizing returns.
- Summarizing property and financial performance through evaluation of various data sources including operations and capital expenditures, financial forecasting, job cost accounting, project budgeting, variance analysis and expense reconciliations.
- Acquiring and applying knowledge of applicable laws and ordinances affecting ownership, leasing, financing and operation of real estate.
- The ability to effectively respond, verbally or in writing, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- The ability to make effective presentations and respond to questions from internal and external stakeholders, clients, customers and the general public.
You'll oversee a portfolio of properties and are expected to travel about two to three days a week, every other week (approximately 30-40% travel).
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world.
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.