Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Windows Systems Engineer
at Digital Realty
POSITION: Windows Systems Engineer
Here at Digital Realty’s IT department, we pride ourselves in our ability to focus on improving the value that Digital Realty gets from its investments in technology. We work fast, hard, and are passionate about what we do. Digital Realty is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our IT Engineering – Infrastructure team to work closely with our Corporate Services team and other key business groups to implement and maintain quality and customer focused solutions.
Based on the nature of our industry, our solutions utilize and rely on a wide variety of technologies. As such, we are looking for a highly skilled and motivated person who has the ability to administer enterprise solutions as well as be flexible enough to explore revolutionary or “outside the box” ideas to get the job done. We need people who take pride in being a subject matter expert in their domain yet understand and explore the many other talents of IT; someone with expert knowledge of Powershell, the Office 365 platform, SCCM and related Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory.
Do you enjoy making disparate systems talk to each other? Would you rather spend an hour automating a task than five minutes doing it? Are you up to the challenge?
- Advanced knowledge of the entire Office 365 stack and Microsoft Azure
- Solid Powershell development skills
- Expert Windows Administration and understanding of Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of SCCM, InTune and Autopilot
- Working knowledge of Okta SSO platform
- Error investigation, troubleshooting, and Root Cause Analysis
- Strong project management and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic scripting
- Familiarity with the SolarWinds monitoring platform
- Familiarity with Ansible
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements for and develop an implementation plan
- Automation of repetitive, time sensitive, or error prone manual tasks
- Provide Tier 3 / SME and on-call support critical infrastructure. (Yes, this means working some odd hours to lessen impact on our customers)
- Provide escalation point for resolving complex problems requiring advanced skills and research capability
- Schedule and implement regular patches and upgrades per established process which includes working in coordination with development, platform engineering, security, and quality assurance teams
- Maintain vendor relationships and ensure compliance with licensing and support agreements
- Provide support knowledge sharing, authoring, and maintenance of system run books and documentation
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.