D&S Community Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager - Case Service
at D&S Community Services
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: d44ca31e-fc26-4cfe-9903-078aacb7a6b4
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess the needs of the person receiving services through completion of periodic assessments & documentation, such as the following:
- Implementation Plan
- Bi-monthly IP review
- Complete needed IPC revisions
- Restraint Risk Assessment
- Money Management Assessment
- Onsite Inspection
- Individual Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Financial/Room & Board Disclosure
- Suicide Assessment.
- Oversee delivery of all HCS program services in adherence with regulatory principles, and state and federal laws (including HIPAA Privacy Laws) concerning confidentiality. Monitor to ensure all medical services are provided in accordance with the consumer’s plan of care.
- Conduct routine home inspections (group home, foster care, and SHL) to report any concerns including those related to health and safety as well compliance with HHSC principles.
- Provide direct supervision of assigned Home Managers, including oversight of service logs, home maintenance, individual monthly supervision, ongoing training and skills development for residential service providers and consumer safety issues.
- Assist the Home Managers with scheduling to ensure optimal hours are being met and to minimize overtime.
- Identify Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation and follow proper procedures for reporting.
- Monitor behavior plans for effectiveness & review annually.
- Maintain ongoing communication with local, state and federal entities, including but not limited to the Local Authority, guardians, LARs, family members, Foster Care Providers, and a wide variety of professionals in the community.
- Cooperate and assist, as needed, with consumer legal status assessments including guardianship and advocacy needs.
- Monitor trust-fund requests and receipts.
- Update and monitor consumer information (Back Office Web).
- Review and follow-up on incident reports.
- Respond to emergency situations involving consumers’ on assigned caseload.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the Company in a professional manner in dealing with consumers, family members, guardians, other agencies, and outside professionals.
- Act as an advocate and quality assurance monitor to ensure services are being provided in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job as described in the essential duties and responsibilities sections including; walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, sitting, reaching overhead and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to safely lift, transport, and transfer consumers, which may include but not be limited to lifting and transferring in and out of a bathtub, vehicle, bed or wheelchair, as appropriate and needed to assist with the consumer’s assisted daily living skills.
- A high school diploma, or a certificate recognized by the state as the equivalent of a high school diploma with at least two years of experience serving people with developmental disabilities.
- Excellent verbal skills are essential to communicate clearly with clients and staff members.
- Ability to understand and follow directions from supervisor and the ability to gain comprehensive knowledge of regulations and laws.
- Ability to safely and accurately assess and care for consumers with medical and mental disabilities and to recognize and report any noted concerns.
- Must be able to adjust in changing priorities and the various details of the job.
- Must be self-directed with strong organizational and time management skills.
- 24-hour availability (via telephone) and in-person during office hours, unless other arrangements can be made.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Computer Applications.
- Have a basic understanding of developmental disabilities, knowledge of waiver & non-waiver Medicaid funded programs, as well knowledge of behaviors, medications, special funding sources, learning theory, community resources, community integration practices, normalization principles and rehabilitation sciences.