Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Buyer / Planner II will be responsible for all materials planning and Purchasing activities for assigned products and/or Manufacturing work cells to meet the guidelines established by the Master Schedule. Purchase a wide variety of nonstandard, specialized and custom equipment and materials requiring knowledge of electronic and/or mechanical product specifications and sources of supply.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provides input to management for financial budgets for assigned programs on a monthly basis.
- Works under the direction of a manager to adjust deliveries in order to maximize cash flow.
- Under general supervision, works on “developmental” and “transition to production” programs.
- With the guidance of more senior level staff, determines supplier capabilities and works with multiple suppliers to establish a competitive environment.
- Visits key program suppliers – with support, evaluates capacity or capabilities. Utilizing knowledge of ethics, knows when to question supplier requests.
- Has basic understanding of how ERP works and the interaction with BaaN modules.
- Releases discreet jobs and requisitions, manages most exceptions, and uses pegging to identify and correct problems from the ERP workbench.
- Releases orders to suppliers with more discreet scheduling than suggested to optimize inventory levels. Capable of setting up Kanbans with assistance.
- Prioritizes items thru inspection. Coordinates resources to expedite competing priorities.
- Works with suppliers to implement a previously defined inventory replenishment strategy.
- Utilize knowledge of Lean to apply continuous improvement to daily activities.
- Able to effectively interact with team members. Can create written and verbal reports and may deliver presentations with some management involvement. Communicates internal problems or issues to managers.
- With guidance from Management, reviews data and understands how the information affects program success.
- Cooperates with coworkers and helps team leader meet goals. Shares information and ideas with the team. Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities.
- Sends out quote packages.
- Groups like items for negotiations.
- Attends CCB if supporting a program. Can disposition most ECOs without assistance.
- May train lower level Buyer Planners on routine tasks.
- Completes scheduled basic status reporting and notifies management of any issues that may impact customer delivery or quality.
- Possesses some familiarity with regulatory requirements (RoHs, Reach, FAA, FDA, FAR/DFAR, ITAR) that directly affect their program.
- With assistance, performs basic price analysis and conduct price negotiations
- Works with internal customer to establish delivery schedule; leads weekly intercompany review meetings.
- Contacts supplier to request RMA and checks for export license, as required.
- Actively participates in MRB meetings.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Negotiate and award purchase orders committing company funds in support of Program Schedule and Budgetary requirements.
- Identify and establish new sources of supply.
- Other delegated duties as assigned by supervisor
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred):
Bachelor - Preferred (5-10 years functional experience may substitute)
Associate - Preferred (5-10 years functional experience may substitute)
High School - Required
Preferred: ISM Certification
Functional (Using Skill Set) - 1-3 years experience
Industry - 3-5 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- FAR/DFAR strong working knowledge
- Aerospace, Military or similar industry
- Requires an understanding of:
- Military specification
- Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Commodity Management Experience
- Electronic Component and/or Assembly Experience
- Demonstrate electronic/mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of fixed pricing agreements and vendor managed inventory