Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Contract Manager will work on existing DoD, DHS and commercial contracts, solicitations with RFPs for new business and handle multiple issues regarding a variety of business related matters; e.g., Non-disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Licensing Agreements . The Contract Manager will also use negotiation strategies, lead negotiations and be generally recognized as the authority in the discipline of contract administration by both internal persons outside of the Contracts Department. The Contract Manager will be the main Liaison with external customers.
We are seeking an experienced Contracts Manager for this independent role. You will be the primary point of contact for assigned Sensor and Fire Control Solutions contracts. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who thrives on communication, as this role involves frequent communication with our partners and end-customers. If you are looking for a position of responsibility where you can truly have an impact, this is a great opportunity for you.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provide insight, recommendations and risk assessment for business decisions regarding contracts to senior management.
- Lead negotiations and also implement advanced negotiation strategies.
- Will handle highly complex agreements.
- Will act as the generally recognized authority in the discipline of contract administration by persons outside of the Contracts organization.
- Provide demonstrated added-value to the business operation at the program level and corporate level.
- Serve as the company’s representative to external customer contracts and procurement personnel.
- Monitor compliance with the company’s contracts and legal requirements related to company policies and procedures.
- Review, take ownership of, prepare & submit cost volume and/or contractual documentation volume for major proposal efforts.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of FFP, CPFF, T&M, and IDIQ contracts
- Proposal evaluations to ensure TINA Compliance IAW FAR / DFAR regulations and IAW Customer requirements flowed via SSOW, PWS etc
- Determine acceptability of customer contract terms & conditions, plus various agreement types.
- Handle live negotiations with customer staff.
- To commit the company as delegated by PRO-25 and senior management.
- Customer Contract Staff
- Company Legal Staff
- Company Senior Management
- Affiliated ESA Companies Contract & Program Staff
- ESL Contract & Program Staff
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred):
Bachelor's degree is required.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration / Law / Finance and at least 10 years related experience in contract negotiation and administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be proficient in the above areas.
Preferred: Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
Functional (Using Skill Set): 10 years
Industry: 10 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Strong and effective oral and written communications skills, including ability to prepare and deliver information concisely orally and in writing. Proven ability to write and edit business material. A writing sample may be required.
- US Govt contracting, deep FAR knowledge, knowledge and comfort using and understanding DFARS, weighted guidelines, etc. contract negotiation skills, experience working with or for Top 10 DoD OEMs. Existing Secret Clearance, at minimum
- Strong and effective analytical skills and the ability to identify and evaluate business risks and opportunities.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Government Contracting (FAR & DFAR), Other Transaction Agreements (OTA), IDIQs, BOA & BAAs
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Team Player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance.
- Financial understanding of rate structures and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and administer highly complex agreements.
- Ability to foster & maintain solid relationships with customer suppliers.
- Experience with and understanding of international contracting including compliance with ITAR and EAR.
- Self-starter who requires virtually no supervision.
- Has the ability to comprehend complex financial and business concepts then suggest viable alternatives during negotiation.
- Candidate must possess solid computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to review, interpret requirements, identify contractual risk, and work with proposal team on both competitive and sole-source proposals.