Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electro Optics Engineer I
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Precision Guided Munitions group is seeking entry level engineers to join our team in developing cutting edge products to meet the needs of our Airborne business area. This job will require working closely with multi-disciplinary teams in a dynamic work environment contributing to the concept development, design, manufacture, integration and testing of advanced EO sensor systems, laser devices, semi-active laser (SAL) seekers, and technology development of next generation products. Primary duties will involve using industry standard tools for the design, performance modeling, trade-off analysis, and testing of complete EO systems.
The EO Seeker Development Engineer will work under the supervision of R&D engineers, scientists, and/or teams in the development and analysis of products, materials, processes, and equipment. Great potential to grow and advance. Their primary responsibilities will include:
- Capture and analyze experimental data, document conclusions and provide clear, concise reports.
- Perform statistical analysis of results to support seeker performance and development trades.
- Become familiar with current performance modelling tools and upgrade to modern platforms.
- Set-up, modify, and run multiple axis laser systems for calibrating seeker optical systems.
- Run laser process experiments to support seeker development trades and document results.
- Support assemble and integration efforts of prototypes / products per the design plan.
- Troubleshoot and suggest creative solutions to process and design issues.
- Communicate assignment status to project engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Optical Engineering or related discipline.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Have experience in experimental design, techniques and execution in a laboratory environment; academic experience is acceptable.
- Be a detail oriented individual willing to learn from engineers and fellow technicians.
- The ideal candidate will possess a balance between fundamentals and theory, with demonstrated hands-on skill integrating and testing EO devices in a laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with Zemax and Matlab will be considered an advantage.
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Secret Clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Be pursuing an advanced degree in optics, physics, engineering or related technical field.
- Have strong understanding of lasers, laser safety and laser laboratory procedures.
- Understanding of laser parameter measurement (i.e. power, spatial and temporal beam profile, etc.)
- Experience with some of the following software tools:
- Zemax / Optics Studio