Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Team Lead
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Responsibilities include leading the Local IT staff and supporting the PCs, printers, applications, servers, desktops, phones, and network. In addition to leading the Local IT staff, this position is hands on, actively working on outages, incidents and projects. Works with company management team to define priorities and projects. Be visible and accessible to the local customer base in order to promote and provide great customer service.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responsible for IT support of the PCs, printers, projectors and other end user computing devices.
- Daily oversight and leadership of the local desktop support team including monitoring of tickets, workload and priorities.
- Monitor and update Site Metrics.
- Monitor, evaluate, and correct outages to the IT environment.
- Assist with IT support of mobile phones, VOIP and network environment.
- Management of all hardware and accessories to maintain proper stock levels.
- Communication with other site leads regarding issues, processes and solutions.
- Works very close with Shared Services teams such as Infrastructure and Service Desk
- Work close with Site Business Leaders and Facilities Management.
- Ensures timely project completion and customer satisfaction.
- Communicates priorities, status, issues, and recommendations on a timely basis.
- Develops and documents local IT procedures.
- Off-shift and on-call support is required
- Adhere to all IT policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience
- Experienced in managing desktop support
- Highly developed analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete project tasks within required deadlines.
- Drive and resourcefulness in making contributions both inside and outside areas of specifically assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time for preparation; targeting presentations to characteristics or needs of the audience. Presenting complex/technical information in a form that non-technical people can understand.
- General understanding of business processes.
- Ability to apply sound judgment. Committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take resources, constraints, and organizational values into consideration.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in diverse situations with all levels of management, vendors, customers (internal), and peers.
- Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience base.
- Ability to function as part of a team, involving and supporting others to get the job done.
- Must possess proven analytical ability and high level technical background.
- High level of hands on competency with Windows desktop hardware and software, printer support, manufacturing shop floor systems.
- Must be proficient in Windows 7 and 10
- Prefer the candidate to have manufacturing IT experience.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.