Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Engineer I
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Manufacturing Engineer – (FMF) will coordinate between engineering and production the effective and efficient manufacture of the assigned product by developing all the needed production file documentation from engineering data packages, engineering change orders along with all other sources of data. This applies to the ESA Fort Worth Operations – FMF.
- Coordinate between engineering and production for the effective and efficient manufacture of the product.
- Develop all needed production file documentation from engineering data packages, engineering change orders, and all other sources of data.
- Project lead for build process and documentation, configuration changes, methods and tools for production programs.
- Identify and participate in producibility and cost improvement projects.
- Support outsourcing and make/buy decisions.
- Keep abreast of current and evolving manufacturing technologies.
- Provide preliminary review dispositions along with required repair/rework instruction on discrepant product.
- Transfer of build processes from/to other facilities.
- Lead lean and process improvement efforts.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Preliminary ECO, ECP, and MRB Review and Disposition.
- Access to PLM ESA and ELBIT.
- Initiate Quality Actions to identified problems.
- Conduit for customer issues.
- Customer Support through the Program Offices.
- Liaison to Engineering.
- Coordination with Program, Project and Production Managers on engineering change proposals, reviews, and implementation.
- Coordination of configuration control activities with the Configuration/Data Management.
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required; 5-10 years functional experience may substitute
Specific Degree Field, only if required: Engineering or Business Related Fields.
Functional (Using Skill Set): 1-3 years
Management: Entry Level
Industry: 1-3 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- The ability to Read and Interpret Technical Data Package.
- Knowledge and Experience in Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Assembly Manufacturing.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to use Microsoft Word and Photo programs to produce Production files.
- The ability to be a self starter and learner.
- The skill to work issues internationally.
- The skill to work effectively in teams.
- The ability to use and manage configuration management software.
- The skill to work and perform in a union environment.
- The skill to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries.
- The ability to obtain Security Clearance.