Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Systems Engineer - Datalink
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Elbit Systems is seeking a highly technical candidate Principal Systems Engineer with relevant experience in the System Design & Test of Tactical Data link Communications Systems or equivalent operational military communications. The candidate must be able to demonstrate success on communications systems projects, including Foreign Partners, with multifunctional teams including software engineering and systems test support for military users. This position with Elbit Systems of America (ESA) is going to be based in Fort Worth Texas.
- Attend customer meetings for the purpose of understanding their requirements
- Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Manage overall systems requirements
- Perform trade studies
- Model system behavior and early validation of design decision using modeling tools
- Understand integration requirements at the platform level.
- Assist upper level management in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and defining associated program requirements
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards
- Prepare and/or deliver Management and Technical level presentations
- Provide extensive outside contact with customers, ESA affiliates, government officials and other contractors
- Ability to effectively document and communicate designs, results, reports, status and presentations
- Work independently and with internal/external organizations
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Generate detailed System verification plans
- A Bachelor’s degree in Enigneeirng is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of systems engineering experience is required.
- Experince working with Datalink in the past 7 yeras is required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics is preferred.
- Excellent systems engineering skills
- Expertise and detailed knowledge of datalink messages, message content, utilization, and the implementation standards.
- Knowledge of Systems of Systems integrated warfare and Operational use and Fleet Operations is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Link 16, JREAP and SADL is a plus
- Ability to deal with complex problems in an international environment of cultural diversity
- Experienced in all the lifecycle processes used in the development of military systems
- Ability to work independently and work as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks successfully; within scope, on time, within budget while delivering a quality product to the customer
- Ability to develop high level plans and detailed procedures
- Skilled in requirements development, test plan development, and test case development
- Skilled in root cause analysis
- RF propagation knowledge required
- Good skills in time management, meeting facilitation, and problem-solving
- Good communications skills: ability to clearly communicate ideas verbally and in writing
- Good presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated DOD Clearance at the Secret level