Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Systems Engineer - Electronic Warfare
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Seeking a highly technical candidate with 10+ years of relevant experience working on the design, integration, and verification of Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems. The position requires broad experience in EW Systems Engineering in Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), Electronic Protection (EP), Electronic Surveillance (ES), Electronic Support Measures (ESM), Electronic Jamming (EJ) and Electronic Attack (EA) domains of EW.
- Attend customer meetings for the purpose of understanding their requirements related to RF systems
- Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Research and evaluate highly complex system designs and/or architectures to recommend design modifications
- Understand platform integration requirements at the platform level.
- Identify and make recommendations to eliminate design flaws
- Verification and validation of highly complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Assist upper level management in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and defining associated program requirements
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards
- Prepare and/or deliver Management and Technical level presentations
- Provide extensive outside contact with customers, ESA affiliates, government officials and other contractors
- Ability to effectively document and communicate designs, results, reports, status and presentations
- Work independently and with internal/external organizations
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
A Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering or a related technical field is required. A minimum of 10 years systems engineering experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Excellent systems engineering skills
- EW system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT, and DRFM
- Working experience and understanding of jamming theories and applicability
- Ability to deal with complex problems in an international environment of cultural diversity
- Experienced in all the lifecycle processes used in the development of military systems
- Ability to work independently and work as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks successfully; within scope, on time, within budget while delivering a quality product to the customer
- Ability to develop high level plans and detailed procedures
- Skilled in requirements development, test plan development, and test case development
- Skilled in root cause analysis
- RF propagation knowledge required
- Good skills in time management, meeting facilitation, and problem-solving
- Good communications skills: ability to clearly communicate ideas verbally and in writing
- Good presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated DOD Clearance at the Secret level