Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Systems Engineers- C4
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Seeking a highly technical candidate with 5+ years of relevant experience working on the design, integration, and verification of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) equipment applicable to border security. The candidate will apply best systems engineering practices to ensure designs are technically sound and meet the full customer requirements, can be completed on time and within budget & scope, and produce a quality product resulting in a high degree of customer satisfaction. This position is for a Systems Engineer at Elbit Systems of America (ESA) in Fort Worth Texas. This position requires frequent travel to the border between the United States and Mexico ranging across multiple states.
- Develop next generation C4ISR surveillance systems including but not limited to surveillance cameras, radars, laser range finders, laser illuminators, microwave communications, solar power systems, generators, and smart fencing in remote areas, perform trade studies to justify equipment selection
- Generate detailed written System Acceptance Test Plan documents based on customer and derived requirements
- Coordinate with engineers, schedulers, procurement personnel, subcontract managers, quality assurance personnel, and construction subcontractors
- Coordinate with the customer to develop and define the System Acceptance Test criteria
- Generate, conduct, and coordinate System Acceptance Test procedures for new surveillance systems
- Work with the systems engineering team to develop C4ISR surveillance system integration and verification (I&V) plans and execute I&V plans.
- Responsible for producing System Acceptance Test data and associated reports
- Understand the software architecture and algorithms required to support C4ISR systems
- Responsible for developing surveillance solutions utilizing cameras, radars, laser illuminators, etc.
A Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related technical field is required and a minimum of 5 years' systems engineering experience is required.
- Excellent systems engineering skills
- Ability to work independently and work as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks successfully; within scope, on time, within budget while delivering a quality product to the customer
- Ability to quickly become proficient in new areas
- Ability to develop high level plans and detailed procedures
- Skilled in requirements development, test plan development, and test case development
- Skilled in root cause analysis
- General wireless communications knowledge required
- Must have Electro-optical and infrared camera knowledge
- Must have Ground and Maritime radar knowledge
- Must have networking knowledge, understanding the difference in routing and switching capabilities
- Must be willing to travel (up to 25%) domestically and internationally as required.
- Proof of US citizenship required for security clearance with US government. Existing clearance is a plus.