Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Contract Administrator
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Scope: The Sr. Contract Administrator is a mid-level position that will work under the direction of the Director of Contracts and will be involved with activities required for developing and maintaining contracts or subcontracts for various products and services from proposal development through product/service delivery and then final closeout of the contract. The Sr. Contract Administrator will have the skills to conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities. This person will provide for the proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. The Sr. Contract Administrator will have the ability to interpret terms and conditions of a contract as well as monitoring performance against contract requirements and obligations.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Under direction of the Director of Contracts, will apply the skills to maintain contracts/subcontracts for various products and services from proposal development through product/service delivery and final closeout of the contract.
- Participates in proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to ensure proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- The Sr. Contract Administrator, as part of the business team, during contract negotiations with the customer will advise management of contractual rights and obligations and then recommend actions to mitigate contract risk.
- During contract performance, the Sr. Contract Administrator will interpret terms and conditions and monitor the performance against contract requirements and obligations.
- As part of the proposal preparation process, the Sr. Contract Administrator will examine estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules for accuracy, completeness and ensures that it meets the requirements of government regulations.
- Essential functions include, but not limited to, producing contractual correspondence, narratives for contract changes, conducting contract negotiations, contractual interpretation of order requirements and agreements, billing support, upkeep of assigned contract files and track all internal/external contractual obligations.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Mid-level as determined by supervisor.
- ESA customers related to the assigned Business Unit
- Affiliated ESA Companies Contracts & Program staff
- ESL Contracts & Program Staff
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred):
Bachelor degree is required.
Specific Degree Field: Preferred: Business Administration
- Experience with and understanding of international contracting including compliance with ITAR and EAR.
- Experience in dealing with Commercial Contracts and Government Contract requirements to both the US Government as a Prime and as the subcontractor to the Prime.
Functional (Using Skill Set): 5-10 years
Industry: 5-10 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Strong and effective oral and written communications skills, including ability to prepare and deliver information concisely orally and in writing. Proven ability to write and edit business material. A writing sample may be required.
- Strong and effective analytical skills and the ability to identify and evaluate business risks.
- Knowledge of and experience with Government Contracting.
- Knowledge of and experience with Contract Terms and Conditions (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, UCC).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Team Player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently when needed.
- Financial understanding of rate structures and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex contractual agreements.
- Ability to foster and maintain solid relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Extensive organization and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritized work in dynamic environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Project and Access is highly desirable.
- Candidate must be a US person.
- This position may require a Security Clearance.