Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Windows and SCCM Engineer
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
This position performs level 3 support, research, policy development, software packaging, configuration management, imaging, patch management and new technologies for the End-User Computing environment. They will develop, execute and monitor operations across the Company. This position will assist the EUC Manager in leading and provide hands-on services to perform these objectives.
- Implements, administers and configures the SCCM Enterprise environment.
- Create software packages, task sequences, OSDs, and patch management for deployment through SCCM
- Performs desktop deployment automation architecture, design/migration and troubleshooting.
- Creates, tests and deploys OS images.
- Create reports in SCCM utilizing PowerShell and SQL for automation and custom reporting
- Packages, deploys, installs and administers all company approved software to include specialized applications in manufacturing and engineering
- Provides technical expertise, guidance and strategic recommendations to other IT groups regarding configuration, deployment, and imaging issues.
- Troubleshooting connectivity and deployment issues with end user devices
- Assisting the service desk with resolution of in-depth end user issues
- Staying up to date on the evolving functionality of SCCM and working with IT stakeholders to implement new features as they become available
- Developing End-User Computing policies, standards and procedures for hardware and software
- Develop and maintain
- Group Policy
- Disk and email encryption
- PC software and hardware standards
- Provide expertise in complex software configuration for common and specialized software
- Adhere to all IT policies and procedures.
- Oversee and execute new version and technology projects
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- Strong experience with SCCM, WSUS, Office, Windows OS, package development and Group Policy
- Experience in imaging
- Experience with MS Outlook and Exchange
- Experienced in asset management tools and techniques
- Experience in monitoring operations and providing metrics
- Will have a wide variety of expertise on PC application software
- Excellent writing skills to develop and maintain policies and procedures.
- Highly developed analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete project tasks within required deadlines.
- Drive and resourcefulness in making contributions both inside and outside areas of specifically assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time for preparation; targeting presentations to characteristics or needs of the audience. Presenting complex/technical information in a form that non-technical people can understand.
- General understanding of business processes.
- Ability to apply sound judgment. Committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take resources, constraints, and organizational values into consideration.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in diverse situations with all levels of management, vendors, customers (internal), and peers.
- Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience base.
- Ability to function as part of a team, involving and supporting others to get the job done.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with typically 5-10 or more years of successful IT professional experience, or equivalent education, training and/or experience
- 2+ years of networks and infrastructure systems administration
- 8+ years Windows administration
- Must possess SCCM experience
- Knowledge of Windows 10
- Strong PowerShell scripting abilities
- Solid background with SQL queries
- A consultative/advisory mindset with the ability to design
- Windows 7 & 10 in the areas of OS deployments, image creation, distribution
- Windows 7/10 desktop migration (Windows 7 design/migrations, MDT, DDPS, MDOP, OSD, Office suite migrations
- Application packaging & scripting
- Desktop patching
- Group policy management (GPOs)