Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Room Technician (PRN Nights)
- Shift Type
Emerus is a nationally recognized, innovative leader in the delivery of inpatient, surgical, and diagnostic medical health care. Specializing in the identification, development and management of improved-access community medical facilities, Emerus provides cost effective, scalable growth opportunities to large-scale, national health care systems throughout the United States.
By providing operationally efficient facilities and focused alignment with current health care trends, Emerus’ community-based hospitals prioritize limited inpatient stays, efficient emergency rooms and cost effective pricing in a smaller campus setting. Based in The Woodlands, Texas, Emerus has more than 1,000 employees, with expert concentrations in over 20 different fields throughout the medical industry.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical assistance and supportive patient care to meet the needs of individual patients throughout assigned areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect, report, and document clinical data. Take vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, pulse oximetry, and collect specimens
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Assist with patient activities and care as assigned by the charge nurse/designee as indicated by the patient’s plan of care
- Provide for superficial wound care
- Provide for patient safety related to age and condition
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Provide and maintain a clean, safe environment and perform and/or assist others to perform proper aseptic technique, isolation procedures, and infection control measures
- Assist with the admission, transfer, and discharge of the patient
Other Job Functions
- Prepare patients and chaperone during examinations/procedures or assists with other patient treatments
- Maintain patient care areas with appropriate supplies
- Assist with patient restraints and maintain precautions; collect, report and document data related to patient needs/emergencies and unusual patient and family behavior
- Travel to all facility locations as required
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED, required and completion of one of the following:
- Completion of Medical Corpsman program and one year of applicable experience (or)
- Completion of EMT-P (Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic), AEMT (Advanced-EMT), Licensed Paramedic (LP) course/program and one year of applicable experience (or)
- Completion of the first year of education and current enrollment in an accredited School of Nursing and one year of applicable experience (or)
- 3+ years of emergency room experience as an ER Technician
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications, required. PALS preferred
- Experience with IV start, phlebotomy, and initiation of EKG, preferred
Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication