Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consultant - Gas & Electric
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Professional Services and Consulting
- Job ID
Use your GIS consulting and technical experience in the electric and gas utilities sector to support our users with the implementation of GIS solutions. This is a challenging opportunity for an accomplished GIS professional with proven experience to help utility organizations with implementations.
- Help clients translate real-world needs into practical, state-of-the-art, GIS technology-driven solutions through the implementation of Esri’s enterprise GIS technology
- Work with clients to prepare multi-year GIS implementation and migration strategies
- Lead project teams during requirements, analysis, design, build, and rollout
- Create and manage the scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables through the application of planning, tracking, quality assurance, change control, and risk management
- Manage projects ranging from small focused technology transfer to large enterprise implementations of mission-critical systems
- Manage subcontractors
- Manage client relationships and expectations
- Work with Esri’s marketing and sales teams to develop new business
- Minimum of 5-10 years of significant, proven experience
- Domain expertise throughout the electric and gas utilities market including electric and/or gas distribution and transmission
- Ability to lead and manage consulting and software development teams
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Ability to develop project designs, work plans, budgets, and schedules
- Knowledge of and ability to apply GIS technologies
- Experience with desktop, client/server, and Internet applications and architectures
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation, and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. in relevant field
- Experience with Esri products to solve complex business problems
- Familiarity with RDBMS and geodatabase design
- Knowledge of ArcGIS applied to electric/gas asset and facility management (AM/FM) such as right-of-way corridor planning engineering, design construction, inspection, network analysis, integration with other systems, and market analysis
- Experience in the integration of ArcGIS with work management, network analysis, OMS, customer information, and document management systems
- Knowledge of electric and gas utilities GIS data management
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.