Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analyst, Compensation and Benefits
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Envoy is currently seeking a Compensation and Benefits Specialist, focusing on the management and administration of the company’s compensation and retirement programs. The Specialist will play both a strategic and hands-on role in the design, planning, development and administration of the company’s compensation & retirement programs and policies.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Use reports, metrics, and data analysis to evaluate effectiveness of compensation & retirement programs in driving the business strategic objectives, leading to recommendations for improvement
- Oversee daily administration of the company’s 401(k retirement savings plan, including monitoring data-feed accuracy between HRIS/Payroll systems and recordkeeping systems, and coordination with Payroll to ensure accurate/timely funding
- Collaborate with Finance, Payroll, Legal, and external auditors on projects such as annual plan audits, control-group monitoring, nondiscrimination testing, special-election procedures, and other compliance-related requirements.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships, vendor performance, and compliance; coordinate quarterly governance-committee meetings to review plan performance and trends
- Stay current on regulatory changes and fiduciary obligations; coordinate with legal counsel to maintain plan documents, policies and administrative procedures; ensure all documents and procedures are executed and in compliance with federal and/or state mandates
- Successfully execute core compensation processes, including annual merit planning, variable compensation plan administration and salary surveys/market research.
- Make proposals for changes to salary ranges / scales and annual merit increase budgets for hourly and exempt populations. Support collective bargaining agreement negotiations for represented workgroups.
- Act as front-line responder for compensation and/or retirement questions from employees and HR partners. Effectively handle issue resolution, working with HR partners and payroll as applicable.
- Develop and review communications for managers and employees, including internal web site as well as other educational materials that drive employee engagement & participation
- Provide project-management for a variety of compensation and retirement projects; may support other benefits-related projects & initiatives
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team environment and the ability to prioritize work and projects in order to meet competing deadlines from members of the team. The ability to show initiative and critical thinking skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field with 3-5 years of applied compensation & retirement plan experience preferred
- Experience with job evaluations, job description analysis/matching, creating/maintaining salary structures, variable pay program design and implementation, base structure, and benchmarking
- Strong knowledge in federal and state compliance with retirement plan and compensation administration
- High attention to detail with strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers, with a focus on customer service
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated consultation, analytical, and problem solving skills to identify, analyze and propose solutions to challenges
- Advanced Excel skills with demonstrated technical proficiency in other MS Office products (Access, PowerPoint, and Word) required with functional/technical proficiency with HRIS/Payroll systems
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work with large data sets
- Ability to work individually with limited supervision and/or as a team
- Exposure to confidential and sensitive information necessitating considerable use of good judgement and confidentiality
- Experience in a large, geographically-dispersed business preferred
- SuccessFactors or other cloud-based HR system experience a plus
- Knowledge of Canadian retirement regulations a plus
- Experience in a union-represented environment a plus
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.