Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist, Maintenance Control
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Coordinates and tracks all maintenance performed on aircraft during revenue service. Supervises Class IV on call maintenance. Provides technical assistance where required. Tracks maintenance related delays and cancelations and reports maintenance irregularities to management staff.
The Specialist provides essential communication link between flight crews, System Operation Control (SOC) and Maintenance regarding aircraft discrepancies. Interprets, issues, closes, and assists in controlling the use of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL), Configuration Deviation List (CDL), and Time Delayed Maintenance items (TDMI's). The Specialist monitors to ensure compliance with procedures prior to the dispatch of an aircraft and receives assignments from management.
Works according to FAA and Company Regulations and complies with procedures in all applicable manuals. Contributes to FAA required reports including MRR and MISR. The Specialist debriefs flight crews and maintenance on in-flight and post-flight discrepancies. The Specialist coordinates findings with appropriate personnel to resolve maintenance problems.
Coordinates parts movement and manpower required for field trips to facilitate the timely repair of out-of-service aircraft. Travels to aircraft or station to provide on-site assistance and guidance in the detection and recommend repair action to be taken to return the aircraft to service when necessary. The Specialist communicates with other Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team environment and the ability to prioritize work and projects in order to meet competing deadlines from members of the team. The ability to show initiative and critical thinking skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated.
- Minimum age of 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid state driver’s license
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, and days off
- Flexible to work additional hours with short notice when operationally necessary
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license required.
- Minimum of three (3) years aircraft maintenance. Working experience on company fleet types preferred. PC skills necessary
- Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Minimum
- Equipment List (MEL) and General Procedures Manual (GPM)
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.