ESAB Welding & Cutting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ESAB Welding & Cutting
- 10-Jan-2019 to 11-Aug-2019 (EST)
- Denton, TX, USA
- Full Time
Denton is the largest ESAB manufacturing site in North America. It is home to high volume wear parts for razor-razor blade model Welding and cutting tips i.e Velocity. The site also produces high volume components for Hermosillo final assembly and takes claim for the HPI configurator line. Another unique product for Denton is the special guns and cutting torches that span across multiple product lines. Exothermic final assembly products are also manufactures in Denton. Denton's newly added, distribution center services many key customers such as Airgas, Praxair, Matheson and independents along with contractors, oil and gas, and construction. Denton is also unique for being ESAB's Center of Excellence as our key functions are located in this facility. Some key attributes are local Research & Development for innovation, a major distribution center for US and global sales on Accessories & Adjacency products, the North America and international customer care support and a shared service center for North America. The Denton location employees approximately 545 full time and temporary associates with an average length of employment of over 11 years!
Assists Cost Accounting Manager in multiple areas of accounting, including inventory control, variance analysis, sales analysis, account reconciliation's, payroll backup and month-end closing. Prepare daily, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed.
* Bachelors degree - Accounting with four years of related experience.
* Detailed knowledge of cost accounting and understanding of document flow into cost reports
* Good communication skills
* General knowledge of personal computers and software (i.e. Excel, Access); ten key
* SAP and JDE experience preferred.
* Prepares weekly and monthly inventory reconciliation's to ensure current and accurate balances
* Maintains/coordinates inventory cycle count system researches significant count variances
* Records cost variances to general ledger; investigates significant differences
* Prepares weekly and monthly reports on production spoilage and rework costs
* Prepares sales and costs of sales journal entries, flash reports and corporate statements
* Prepares reconciliation's for specified current asset accounts
* Prepares journal entries to support month-end close
* Prepares month-end corporate statements (inventory, variances, sales/cost of sales activity)
* Prepares monthly reporting package distributed to managers
* Performs audit on annual standard cost revision; tests new standard costs for accuracy
* Coordinates annual physical inventory, if necessary
* Assists Accounting Manager in annual review of cost accounting controls and audit reports
Reviews significant transactions, determine and conduct research as needed
Relationships and Contacts:
All levels of Company personnel
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to general office and manufacturing plant environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers and photocopiers, small products and parts. This is a full-time position, however, work outside normal business hours may occur.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. ESAB is committed to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.