ESAB Welding & Cutting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Distribution Supervisor - 2nd Shift 2:30pm to 11pm
at ESAB Welding & Cutting
- 08-Aug-2019 to 07-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Denton, TX, USA
- Full Time
Direct, manage and coordinate logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer service activities within the operations through effective leadership and strategic planning.
- Five (5) years of related experience
- Bachelors degree in Logistics preferred
- Knowledge of SAP & JDE inventory and distribution management preferred.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Implement continuous improvement throughout the organization using Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skill.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Ensure on time delivery of goods.
- Responsible for controlling the receiving and stocking of goods from internal and external vendors.
- Responsible in developing or updating standard operating procedures for all business operational activities.
- Responsible for shipment of components and finished goods.
- Monitor and control expense according to allotted budget.
- Play a signification role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operations excellence.
- Conduct regular meetings with team to discuss about issues, concerns, updates etc.
- Responsible for the ongoing review and improvement of procedures of the department.
- Assist in employee appraisals, promotions, compensation and termination based on the performance review
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operations excellence.
- Drive and deploy cross-functional initiatives with the mgmt. team that contribute to long-term operations excellence (i.e. EHS, CBS and Quality programs).
- Manage and consistently reduce operating costs.
- Improve the operations systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission, - specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organization planning.
- Participate in personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management, providing opportunity for high performers, education, communication, expectation setting, and self-actualization
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination and people and processes.
- Computer skills: requires proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Ensures all processes in area comply with ISO 9001-2000, FDA and UL standards.
Control of inventory located at assigned branch.
Relationships and Contacts:
All levels of Company personnel.
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to general office, distribution and manufacturing plant environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers and photocopiers. This role consistently uses equipment typically used in a standard distribution center environment, which includes, two-way radios, small products and parts, etc. This is a full-time position, however, work outside of normal business hour will occur.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. ESAB is committed to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.