ESAB Welding & Cutting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ESAB Welding & Cutting
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1015732
- 03-Mar-2019 to 01-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Denton, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Planning and prioritizing projects, including new designs and improvements to existing designs, utilizing project management skills to create and maintain project and completing schedules, resources, budgets, time lines, etc.
- Maintaining the security, accuracy and completeness of all information, files and data created. This includes, but is not limited to, drawings, Change Notices, time sheets, BOM's, and project schedules.
- Assuring that all designs are cost effective by performing cost analyses of new designs or changes in existing designs to obtain the most cost effective, quality product required. This would include decisions on material selection, fabrication and assembly techniques, tolerance requirements, vendor specifications, etc.
- Assuring that all designs are safe and operational while conforming to applicable standards.
- Planning engineering requirements for customer orders based on specifications from marketing and production control.
- Supporting production of customer orders, and servicing, by working very closely with all team members focusing on the customer requirements as the goal.
- Reviewing, approving and upgrading the BOM structures of products to improve departmental efficiency.
- Following through on Problems / Complaints / Suggestions from other departments concerning improvements to products or designs.
- Estimating design requirements and costing based on custom requests received from other departments.
- Assist in updating or creating product test procedures, and the training of less skilled technicians and assemblers.
- Assist in the design of prototype equipment, build and create engineering drawings (2D and 3D).
- Design Mechanical Structure, Drive Systems, Gearing, Mounting Brackets, Guideways, and other components of machine design.
- Package electrical systems into given design space.
- Design pneumatic, hydraulic, and gas control systems related to Plasma, Oxy-Fuel, Laser, and Waterjet Cutting.
- Create customer specific installation drawing sets to provide all information necessary for installation of large, highly technical capital machines including cutting and welding machines, conveyor systems, cutting and welding tables, crane interfaces, and air handling equipment.
- Travel may consist of up to 20% of the engineer's time.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience working with CNC machinery, Plasma Cutting, Oxy-fuel Cutting, or Sub Arc Welding industries covering the design and testing of electromechanical equipment.
- Background in machine mechanical design.
- Minimum (3) years' experience in 3D CAD and AutoCAD.
- Experience with FEA Analysis
- Good understanding of machining and fabrication techniques.
- Proficient in use of Windows Applications.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Products.
- Efficient in Project Management skills.
- Proficient in use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in all levels of the work place, with the ability to give guidance and instruction.
- Hands on Experience in field.
- Demonstrate an appreciation and importance of 'on-time' delivery.
- Shows high motivation and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.