Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experian is seeking a Hardware Technician to install IT Hardware and perform minor configuration work in our data centers. The installation includes racking and stacking, ensuring the rack mounted PDUs will not be overloaded in an emergency, completes the cabling work including labeling, configures the remote management port\\connection, and updates our Data Center Hardware Tracking Tool, Nlyte. The Hardware Technician also supports hardware decommissioning activities as required by the business. Decommissioning work includes working with a 3rd party vendor to handle the secure disposal of IT Hardware.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure hardware is received, and logged. Provide notification of this activity to Finance and the respective Business Unit.
- Assist in the configuration and installation of hardware components, adhering to Business Unit time-frames/needs.
- Assist in high level planning and identifies configuration opportunities in the equipment rooms and data processing floor.
- Provides on-call support for internal users including server reboots, hard drive replacement, and memory upgrades.
- Supports installation and troubleshooting of various types of connectivity/cabling within the Data Center.
- Performs all activities in strict compliance to all policies and processes concerning support, change management and security.
- Responsible for providing input and assisting with updating the master drawing of raised floor environment.
- Works under close supervision receiving detailed verbal and/or written instructions.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Facilities Team to ensure installations correspond with long and short term plans.
- Requires 0 – 2 years experience with data center equipment, and typical installation protocol.
- 1-2 years experience with basic cabling and connectivity in the DC.
- Basic knowledge of equipment cabinetry
- Is available to work the 2nd shift, 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Ability to work with hand tools, and basic knowledge of electrical systems.
- Basic oral and written communication skills.
- Basic customer service skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Ability to work in high-paced environment, meeting customer requirements in a timely manner.
- AutoCAD knowledge a plus.
- Occasional travel
EOE including Disability/Veteran