Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Security Engineer
The mission of the Security Engineering Edge Operations Teamis to provide comprehensive edge security control service aimed at allowingzero negative cyber security impacts. Weaim high! Our team encompasses overtwenty highly motivated professionals around the globe. The team is comprised of subject matterexperts in area of network perimeter security controls, including intrusionprevention systems, web gateways, web application firewalls, and F5 loadbalancers. Our goal is to provideeffective, secure, optimized security solutions for our customers.
The Senior Security Engineer position is focused onleadership, support, daily operations, and customer service. The SeniorSecurity Engineer is responsible for executing the team's daily tasks anddriving team objectives to completion. In addition, the Senior Security Engineer is responsible for initiatingtechnical escalations and customer notifications. The Senior Security Engineer is responsiblefor assisting the Operations Manager with incident response support activities. As a critical member of the Edge Operations Team,the Senior Security Engineer will work to enhance and improve the EdgeOperations Team's support processes. TheSenior Security Engineer is a leader and mentor to the Edge Operations SupportTeam's engineering staff. As a leader,the Senior Security Engineer will support the Engineering Team in resolvingincident and request tickets. The SeniorSecurity Engineer will proactively engage with the business units to ensurethat all support gaps associated with Edge Operations controls are identified,added to a solution plan, and resolved. The Senior Security Engineer willfrequently interact with business and technical stakeholders across the companyon security related topics. Strong communication and soft skills are requiredto effectively represent the security goals of the Edge Operations Team.
· Collaborate with the Operations Manager to ensurethat documented plans are in place for the followingitems (operational support, updates for control tools, weekly report forstakeholders on operational and control health metrics)
· Collaborate with the Lead Engineers to identifyand resolve capability, security, and monitoring gaps that exist withinEdge Security Control tool kit
· Assist/back up the Lead Engineers withinfrastructure support and maintenance tasks
· Provide SME advice on security tool capabilitiesand configuration adjustments when needed to contain security incidents orblock future security attacks
· Work with the engineers to continuallyevaluate security control performance and effectiveness tofacilitate maximum uptime and minimize malfunctions
· Collaborate with the Operations Manager toensure that the Engineering Team resolves support requests and incidents withindefined SLOs. Also ensure that escalated items remain highly visible tostakeholders during the resolution process
· Establish and maintain communication channelswith stakeholders and customers on operational support items
· Assist the Operations Manager with software andhardware inventory tasks. Ensure thatinventory documentation is current and accessible on the designated share
· Act as a mentor to the Engineering Team, ensurethat each engineer has an active training and development plan
· At least 8 years of experience in theInformation Security field
· At least 5 years of experience supporting juniorstaff
· At least 5 years of practical experience,(deployment, configuration, management, and support), working with variousnetwork and security control technologies.
· At least 5 years of support experience withlarge scale IPS platforms
· Experience with WAF technology and applicationon-boarding is a plus
· Understand layer 2 and layer 3 technologies,specifically associated with intrusion prevention systems and web applicationfirewalls
· Understand SSL/TLS protocols
· Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
· Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to perform within a fast-pacedhigh-pressure environment
· Excellent people management and leadership skills
· Ability to drive, develop, and motivate peopleto attain team goals
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems,related field or equivalent experience
· CISSP, CISM, CCSP, or equivalent certification(s)preferred