Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle Developer - HR/Payroll
Use expertise in Oracle e-Business Suite Payroll and HR modules to analyze internal customer requirements and provide design options and solution. Provide support for the Payroll and HR applications used by Experian, especially Oracle e-Business Suite US Payroll. Ensure system availability by proactive system support and speedy resolution of application errors. Assist users to understand the capabilities and requirements of the application. Provide knowledge of the application in support of projects, enhancements, and integrations.
Major Job Functions:
a) Functional Responsibilities
- Analyze internal Payroll and HR customer requirements for new functionality or modifications to existing functionality for the Oracle e-Business Suite and provide design options and solution.
- Define specifications and develop programs, modify existing programs, prepare test data, and prepare functional specifications.
- Create new Oracle fast formulas as well as modify existing formulas.
- Provide support to US Payroll team during biweekly payroll runs.
- Identify and resolve application, database software, and programming problems.
- Support integrated applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Establish, participate, and maintain relationships with business units, internal customers, and IT subject matter experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status, architectural and technology issues, risks, and function/integration issues.
- Identify potential process improvement areas and suggest options and recommend approaches.
b) Internal Relationship Management
- Day to day interaction will take place with internal customers, Service Management and Release Management, IT colleagues.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other GCSS and NA users.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other regions' peers/teams.
c) External Relationship Management
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Oracle, KBACE and Vertex.
d) Application of Processes, Controls, Standards and Measures
- Ensure consistent delivery standards are met as mandated by service management standards.
- Ensure that consistent documentation, process and procedures are used for all deliveries.
- Adhere to Experian service management documentation and change standards.
- Adhere to Oracle AIM standards.
- Deliver Incident, Problem and Change Management to SLA standards and escalate where there are SLA's under threat.
- Ensure that audit and information security standards are consistently adhered to and maintained.
- Adhere to efficient and effective standards for delivery activities and follow department standards for the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ensure adherence to operational readiness standards for production support.
e) Region Specific Skills
- NA Payroll and HR statutory and tax laws.
- Vertex Payroll Tax Q Series
- Bachelor's degree, preferably Computer Science.
- Analysis and design solution skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert in Oracle Developer Suite
- Expert in SQL, PL/SQL
- Expert in Oracle e-Business Suite US Payroll and HR
- Intermediate in Oracle e-Business Suite OTL
- Expert in Oracle fast formulas
- Proficient in OA Framework
- Proficient in Oracle Workflow, forms, reports, API's and personalizations
- Proficient in J2EE/Java
- Proficient in AME Approvals and XML Publisher
- Proficient in Oracle EBS functionality
- Intermediate in Unix
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in PC/Microsoft Office skills
- 8 years of progressive IT professional experience, 5 years of experience doing Oracle development/analysis
- 3 years of experience providing customer support in a technical environment
- 5 years of experience in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, specifically US Payroll, OTL and HR
- ITIL qualification/ exposure
- Experience of 3 full cycle implementations with Oracle, preferably in a global environment
- Prior experience with integrated applications such as ERP, Data Warehouse
- Experience working for a global company, effectively dealing with multiple countries and cultures
- Experience with KBACE KBX Reporting
- Team player with proven abilities to work in complex cross-functional and geographically diverse teams.
- Support users in multiple countries with different cultural and business environments.
- Work with a single global instance of Oracle HRMS/Financials supporting multiple countries.
- Maintain a flexible approach to working arrangements across different time zones and a ‘follow the sun' support process.
- Work within different cultural and multi-lingual environments.
- Be available to work weekend and off hours at short notice.
- Possess strong strategic process and procedure methodology with attention to maintaining robust audit controls.
- Work in a high-pressure, results-oriented organization.
- Potential for international travel.
- Customer Focus
- Design and Analysis
- Continuous Improvement
- Managing Work
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Driving for Results
- Quality Orientation