Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Business Analyst
at Farmer Brothers
- Job ID
The Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Business Analyst is responsible for all functional aspects of all EDI workflows including new EDI provisioning, changes to existing EDI process, proactive monitoring of EDI processes, and issue resolution of EDI process exceptions. The role works directly with customers, internal business teams, and IT development teams to define the EDI requirements, develop the mapping and translation requirements, develop the mapping and translation requirements of business documents, onboard and implement new trading partners, provide ongoing support for implemented transactions, and resolve any EDI functional issues. nboard
- Word with EDI/ERP developers for new EDI implementations and changes to existing EDI transactions using both on-premise and cloud-based EDI solutions.
- Responsible for the monitoring/reporting the status of all EDI system as well as EDI projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for EDI processes interfacing with business transactions into and out of the JDE ERP system via EDI cloud and on-premise instances.
- Drive EDI projects and meetings directly with customers, internal business units including sales, customer service, data management, and IT.
- Analyze partner and business requirements for new partners and changes to existing EDI processes, including new documents or changes to existing documents.
- Work with customer and internal team to implement new partner EDI setup activities with appropriate business units, including account hierarchy analysis, location setup, and item setup.
- Perform mapping and translation setup, working closely with JDE ERP development team.
- Development and execute testing efforts with partner EDI teams and participates in testing activities for maps, translations, and processes.
- Provide regular reporting as requested by business and IT units around EDI performance.
- Maintain prioritized list of EDI projects and their status.
- Report changes to project status to internal stakeholders and partner EDI teams in a timely manner.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve daily issues pertaining to EDI processes, including PO processing, invoice processing, and ASN processing.
- Communicate issues and resolution progress to all stakeholders, including partner EDI teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or MIS preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience working with enterprise scale EDI and business platforms.
- Proven problem solving, troubleshooting and interpreting solutions.
- Manufacturing, CPG, Food Service, or wholesale industry experience preferred.
- SQL, Power BI, and/or other reporting and analytical tools experience preferred.
- Experience with EDI in the Oracle EnterpriseOne ERP environment preferred.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently.
- Able to communicate effectively with both business partners and IT professionals.
- Able to effectively collaborate cross-functionally at varying levels in the organization.