Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Farmer Brothers
- Job ID
The Paralegal is responsible for litigation management, legal operations and transactional tasks. This position will assist with litigation management, document and contract management, research, database management, special projects, presentations and administrative tasks.
- Aid legal team with management of and reporting regarding contracts, including sales agreements, vendor agreements, third-party service agreements, statements of work, and confidentiality agreements.
- Administer document retention program and vendor approval process.
- Assist with administration of registration and maintenance of portfolio of trademarks.
- Provide legal support for various departments, including sales, finance, purchasing, marketing, tax, and human resources.
- Proofread agreements, and general documentation originating from the legal department. Coordinate with legal department, business personnel and outside counsel on legal issues related to the foregoing.
- Assist General Counsel with legal department, business personnel and outside counsel on legal issues related to the foregoing.
- Assist General Counsel with litigation management, including organization and updating litigation case files, calendaring/docketing of litigation deadlines and events.
- Assist with general the maintenance of company corporate records and files, including electronic filing system.
- Manage administrative duties for the legal department.
- Support invoicing and meeting the requirements of th accounting department, including but limited to monthly accruals comprised of outstanding charges from legal department vendors.
- Drafts various commercial agreements including confidentiality agreements, notices, extensions and terminations.
- Perform legal research and prepare summaries of findings.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from a highly-ranked university required.
- 3+ years of of paralegal experience at a large firm preferred.
- In-house legal department experience preferred.
- 5+ years operating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications, including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Experience with SharePoint highly preferred.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, while handling frequent interruptions in a busy department.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess an eagerness to learn.
- Extremely detail oriented, able to work well under pressure and keep a professional, upbeat demeanor.
- Must be a team player, open to assisting the department with whatever tasks are necessary to make sure that the work is done on time and accurately.
- Able to take broad thinking around business issues and apply to company strategies.