Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate Texas in Grand Prairie is currently searching for a knowledgeable and energetic Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to develop, administer, and implement occupational safety, and environmental programs and maintain the ISO14001 system.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Perform EHS orientation, training, inspections, and reporting
- Maintain ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management System
- Provide advice and counsel to upper management on Environmental, Health, and Safety issues and decisions
- Perform job site EHS compliance inspections including Storm Water, SPCC, hazard analysis, and safe work procedures
- Monitoring adherence to the company EHS program by all employees and subcontractors
- Review incident/accident investigation reports and identifying corrective actions
- Assist line and staff management in understanding EHS regulations and standards, including guidance on handling compliance inspections
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety talks
- Assist in the drafting of EHS standards to conform to industry, state, federal, and local regulations
- Lead, assist, and participate on company safety committee, management review, and other teams as needed
- S./B.A. degree in related field or;
- Five years EHS related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of: RCRA, SWPPP, SPCC, ISO14001, OSHA, TCEQ & Texas Administrative Codes
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Additional EHS certifications are an asset
- Interpersonal skills are required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs
- Travel as necessary
- Overtime as required
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.