Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Estimator II
at Fluor Corporation
Associate Estimator II
City (or Nearest City)
This position requires beginner’s knowledge of estimating in the heavy construction engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC) industry. The individual will be responsible for generating complete and accurate estimating data/work in a timely and professional manner. The individual in this role understands estimating to the direct level for a single prime account. As the role expands, the individual begins gaining an understanding of estimating fundamentals applicable to other prime accounts.
• Exhibit effective engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC) industry knowledge
• Demonstrate familiarity with estimating fundamentals, especially for Direct Field Costs (DFC) and Fluor Services costs
• Demonstrate knowledge of estimate allowances and their application in an estimate
• Demonstrate knowledge of Work Breakdown Structure and Cost Elements to Estimate Data
• Prepare Material Take-Offs for estimates
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and one (1) year of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to five (5) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Good analytical and computer skills
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience using an Industry recognized estimating system
• Some estimating skills and knowledge is required; must have good communication, math, analytical and MS Excel skills
• Recognized as requiring guidance and supervision in the following areas: Direct Field Costs, Indirect Field Costs, Fluor Services Costs, Escalation, Selling an Estimate, Benchmarking and Unit Rates for Key Commodities, Currency fluctuation, tax & insurance costs, and performance bonds & letter of credit costs, Estimate Plan, Basis of Estimate, Input and Use of Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF), Use of Allowances, Cost Contingency, Input of Estimate into Global Pricing Model’s Template, Productivity Worksheets, Craft Mix and Crew Mix, Expatriate Policy Costs, Data Analyst, Comparison Analyst, Input into and Use of Historical Data (EMS – Experience Management System)
Other Job Requirements
• Be knowledgeable about business line specific rates to be applied in Services cost estimates
• Assist or become familiar with Estimate Plan and Basis of Estimate documents
• Become familiar with knowledge management portals and communities with regard to forum questions and discussions
• Become knowledgeable about the benefits of Cost Competitive Execution and Excel to Win
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.