Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fossil, inc.
Make an Impact
As a Data Scientist, you will enable data-driven decisions and customer insights across the Fossil Group brands and global teams. You will make an impact by:
- Delivering statistical models, segmentation analysis, and customer insights that will inform major marketing, supply chain and other business decisions
- Creating mathematical models and crunching data
- Driving best in class test designs
- Partnering with business teams to structure problems, extract and analyze data, and present findings and recommendations to our leadership teams
This role is based in Richardson, TX at Fossil's Global Headquarters and will report to the Director - Consumer Insights.
Who We Are
At Fossil, we dare to dream, disrupt, and deliver in a better way. Our goal is simple - bring innovation, style, and connectivity to an industry ripe for change. Fossil is on a mission to revamp the way fashion accessories are done. We are committed to creating great watches, jewelry, handbags, small leather goods and wearables by investing in technology and long-term value creation. With our diverse portfolio of proprietary and licensed brands, along with department stores, specialty stores, eCommerce websites, and company-owned and operated retail stores, we are building a leading fashion- and tech-forward accessories company. Are you in?
Aligning with Fossil’s core values, you are someone who:
- Develops strong partnerships across our organization
- Brings a positive, service-oriented approach to work
- Is driven by creating unique and efficient solutions for business challenges
- Can articulate thoughts clearly as well as listen to and considers others’ ideas
- Is passionate about their contribution to Fossil
- Has a great time at work and encourages others to do the same
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You have at least 2 years of hands-on statistical modeling and/or analytical experience
- You have a Master’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field (a PhD is preferred)
- You have significant experience with a variety of analytical techniques including: multivariate/logistic regression models, cluster analysis, predictive modeling, neural networks, pricing models, decision trees, or other advanced methods
- You have a high level of proficiency with an analytics tool including R, Python, Tableau, and Alteryx
- You have a high level of expertise with SQL and data manipulation
- You have experience in texting mining
- If you have expertise in artificial intelligence - that's a benefit in this role!
- You have experience with large datasets - and even better if they are retail/ecommerce-related such as multi-channel, multi-brand, multi-product
- You are comfortable providing analysis, strategic direction, and specific business recommendations to senior management on critical decisions as well as working with key stakeholders for data visualization and storytelling
TX - Corporate
At Fossil, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other legally protected status. Anyone requiring special accommodations to our normal application process please email email@example.com and we will assist you.
LinkedIn Job Level
Your benefits will depend on things like your location but here are many of the benefits you can enjoy: • Comprehensive Health Plans • Retirement Savings Plan + Company Matching Program • Volunteer Time Off