Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the leadership and management of the Transportation organization for Fresenius' Medical North America Supply Chain organization. Scope of the role includes direct oversight of our long-haul fleet operations/staff, 3rd Party relationships and process ownership for all aspects of transportation (long-haul thru customer delivery). Develops strategies and oversees the deployment of programs and initiatives to deliver on organizational objectives aligned with our Supply Chain vision. Drives network-wide optimization through process innovation, technology advancements and organizational development programs. Ensures the TruBlu Logistics fleet operates within effective standards and all transportation regulation/compliance guidelines, including FDA, BOP, OSHA and DOT. Manages organization to meet or exceed all service, customer experience, quality, cost and safety targets established by the Supply Chain organization.
Oversees a budget, including staff, fleet and 3rd party spend of $90-100M annually. Develops process expertise and excellence in the supply of products throughout the US distribution network and delivery of healthcare products to Fresenius' home patients, internal clinics and external customer facilities. Drives a continuous improvement culture through a well-defined strategy and implements effective employee engagement practices aligned with the Supply Chain organizational strategy and objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, communicates and deploys the transportation organization strategy.
- Develops goals and objectives aligned with the strategy, manages execution of initiatives and delivers value to the organization.
- Utilizes techniques in alignment with the company mission and core values as a means to implement positive change.
- Directs the Fleet and Transportation Management functions throughout the North American network.
- Manages our long-haul fleet operations, fleet and personnel.
- Manages and oversees 3rd party transportation provider relationship and performance.
- Develops process excellence capabilities for all aspects of our transportation operations, including last mile customer delivery.
- Develops and implements a robust Transportation Mgmt. System (TMS) capability to improve service and cost performance.
- Standardize the Fleet and create master specifications for vehicles. Negotiate with 3rd Party Lessors & Partners.
- Works closely with, and makes recommendations to senior management regarding identified issues and decisions related to the Distribution Operations DOT Compliance, equipment requirements & recommendations, and EH&S programs.
- Recommends emerging technologies to improve fleet compliance and safety. Oversees the implementation of these programs.
- Standardize training programs to optimize the performance, regulatory and compliance capability.
- Develops relationships with customers to drive profitable revenue generation in Transportation services.
- Ensures that budgets and schedules meet company requirements, including organization responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting and expense management/oversight.
- Responsible for keeping a viable operating agreement with our preferred carrier to minimize lane rates and optimize our own fleet assets in the TruBlu Logistics network.
- Responsible for overseeing compliance to maintain our DOT rating at the site level at a satisfactory rating consistently.
- Responsible for effectively communicating business critical decisions and information throughout the organization.
- Responsible to mitigate and address any financial shortfalls and communicating proactively to SC leadership.
- Ensure service level is maintained at 99% or above.
- Ensure DC assets (trucks and trailers) are managed to an optimal level and are maintained using best practice solutions.
- Ensure that KPI's and Scorecards are maintained and communicated to appropriate organizational levels.
- Lives up to the GMQ NA Values and ensures that direct and indirect reports do the same.
- Ensures safety training and compliance for the department.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and coaching to all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee relations issues. Provides technical guidance.
- Collaborates with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Follows Company Values: Honesty & Integrity, Quality, Respect & Dignity, Innovation & Improvement, Teamwork & Safety which are the guiding principles of employee behavior at FMCNA.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office, warehouse, and manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Supply Chain staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Logistics or Materials required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10 years' related experience.
- 5 years' experience as a Manager or Director in a logistical environment
- Experience with DOT & OSHA reporting requirements and outside agency requirements (FDA, DEA, OSHA, BOPS etc.).
- Proficient with PCs, Microsoft Office applications and related software systems.
- Operational knowledge of supply chain systems, including Transportation (TMS), Warehouse (WMS) and safety programs.
- Familiar with DOT regulations, driver through equipment requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity