Friends of the Earth
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Foods Operations Manager - Dallas
at Friends of the Earth
Territory Foods is hiring an Operations Manager for the Dallas market to manage operations, activities, and processes of our back-of-house business serving intentional eaters through pickup locations and home delivery. You will own all operational aspects of the business in support of the day to day as well as future growth plans for the market. Reporting directly to the West Coast Regional Manager, you will be a key player in the success of the city. We are looking for an exceptional person to help to make the magic happen.
Who We Are
- We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
- We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
- We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
- At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
- We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
You will use the process, planning and expense management mix as your levers to support and build meaningful experiences for a growing customer base. On a daily basis, you will:
- Manage operational expenses that will contribute to key performance metrics.
- Manage and support local key partners in their operational needs. This includes chefs, delivery crews, and many others.
- Oversee order production, fulfillment, and delivery with intense focus on customer delight, quality control and food safety, including ownership and execution of our refrigeration/cold chain management approach.
- Oversee operational and administrative processes with constant focus on improvement and optimization opportunities.
- Lead the charge on delivering an exceptional customer service experience across the board regardless of role.
- On-board and manage key partners and contractors including delivery crews and other partners.
At the root of it, you’re a smart, thoughtful strategic planner looking for levers of success for the business. You want to be part of a high-growth enterprise that’s trying to make a significant difference in the world where you can play a key role. You bring passion to your work, and want to create a positive, engaging and rewarding environment for the team and organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 5 years professional experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the DFW area.
- 2-3 years in business operations -ideally in the prepared meal, catering or food/bev space.
- Past experience with accounting including handling budgets, analyzing performance metrics, and managing cash flow, looking at financial statements.
- Strong "back of house" knowledge – chefs/partners/vendors/suppliers
- Willingness to spend time in the field and work odd hours to get the job done if need be.
- Strong computer fluency - spreadsheets will become your best friends -- in Microsoft suite, Google Docs, and a willingness to go with the flow on the introduction of new tools.
- Excellent people and communication skills, internally and w/ external partners.
- Excitement for an innovative, test based environment where it’s OK to fail
- Ability to use data to drive decisions
- Passion for wellness and the health and wellness community
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart and are fueled by the excitement of driving endless possibilities of growth and expansion.
- While operational efficiency and effectiveness fuel your engine, you are just as pumped about learning and adjusting course to continuously put smiles on customers’ faces.
- You deliver on your promises and get the job done using your creativity and know-how.
- You view honesty and integrity as a part of who you are and how you live your life.
- You’re comfortable turning on a dime and embracing rapid change.
- You’re a team player.
- Helping people gives you a buzz that, while legal, is good enough to be considered unlawful in some jurisdictions.
- You’re passionate about nutrition, fitness, and the magic that happens when they get together.
Some nitty gritty that matters:
- Evening & weekend work is common, but you have a very flexible schedule.
- We’re much more results-oriented than we are time-oriented.
- Every team member serves as part of our Quality Assurance team (translation: free chow in exchange for detailed feedback).
- We have a fun, amazing group of employees, and a casual workplace.
- We are a distributed remote team working across all timezones in the USA, so we work flexible hours and live on Slack
- We're all about creating a culture of individuals that hold themselves to a very high standard and and get great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision insurance and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
- We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you're naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world.
How to get rolling
To throw your hat into the ring, please apply.