Frontier Communications Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Frontier Communications Corporation.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Specialist, IT Development - Job Description
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented developer with hands on development experience in implementing Java applications.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Business Analysts, other developers, and understand functional and technical requirements and deliver solutions.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Implement Orchestration Solutions that conform with Enterprise Guidelines
- Monitor Break Fix ques and provide resolutions through analysis and program fixes
- Support submitted Enhancement Requests for development
- Follow company coding technique standards and change management processes
- Participate in Team and Project meetings
- Provide project feasibility analysis for proposed projects
- 4+ years of solid hands on experience in Java development, Java frameworks and enterprise application deployment.
- Experience in writing and consuming REST/JSON webservices and SOAP/XML web services.
- Experience in developing SQL/Procedures/Functions in Oracle.
- Good working knowledge of Agile development and DevOps and tools like JIRA/Jenkins
- Experience in analyzing logs, step-through working code to identify/troubleshoot issues
- Experience in analyzing latency issues and implementing solutions
- Experience with production on-call
- Strong knowledge in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies and mechanisms, able to analyze and transfer business requirements to logic and use cases and develop testing automation code
- Strong communication both verbal and written, excellent organizational skills, proven experience in collaboration with teams to achieve result
- Ability to work in fast-paced Agile environment to deliver requirements on schedule
- Work very well independently, with strong self-direction and initiative, as well as within a team structure
- Experience integrating Ericsson Order Care suite including operative experience on Service Designer tool; various external systems such as Billing and CRM, as well as, Web services, API’s, etc.
- Experience with Ericsson Order Care Service Catalog Management Development, Design and Deployment.
- Experience with ECM (Catalog) modeling - Products, Specifications, Resources and Charges etc
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
Exercises moderate independent judgment with input from Lead Developers / PMs / Management.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.