Frontier Communications Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr, Marketing Sr - New Product Development
at Frontier Communications Corporation.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The New Product Development (NPD) Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for delivering world class solutions from product & service creation throughout the lifecycle. This individual will work closely with Residential and Small Business Broadband, Video, Voice, Value Added Services and CPE Product Managers to create and support products/services to meet customer needs. They will also work closely with Marketing, IT, Sales, Engineering, Operations and other cross-functional teams who manage wide scale implementation and support. The New Product Development Manager is responsible for working with Marketing Strategy, Go to Market and Performance Management team & Pricing teams to create business cases/product budgets/forecasts. Deliver solutions to ensure we deliver optimal performance for revenue, unit and margin.
In addition, responsibilities include strategic and tactical planning, recommendations, pricing suggestions, offer creation and promotion of products across all segments. This includes analyzing customer, industry and competitive trends to ensure that Frontier is planning for and incorporating critical technologies, processes and partnerships.
This person will lead cross product/platform initiatives that impact multiple products including offers, bundles, new technologies, programs, etc. The New Product Development Product Manager will provide consistent internal and external communications while promoting the customer experience, value, benefits, pricing, promotions, etc.
Own NPD initiatives to ensure products and enhancements are designed, developed, implemented and managed effectively. Manage the lifecycle including all aspects of new offers, upsell strategy, retention and product integrity.
- Oversee new product responsibilities including the development of our products roadmap that extends up to 5 years into the horizon.
- Monitor and assess impact of market, technology, product and competitive trends and incorporate into product roadmaps, product positioning, portfolio plans and related activities. Own and lead key initiatives that cross multiple products to ensure these initiatives meet product goals and strategies. Many of these initiatives will be lead by other groups requiring product input only but some will be lead by the individual in this role
- Define product specifications and user experience, establish milestones and priorities, and work with technical project management to shepherd the development, implementation and launch of all products & initiatives.
- Work closely with engineering, IT, marketing, sales, support, management and external partners to deliver optimal products and services.
- Assist in creation of budgets and forecasts while also ensuring product metrics and KPI’s are achieved (unit, revenue, margin, etc.). Identify opportunities and drive performance.
- Manage the business case development of initiatives under your leadership
- Analyze base for pricing opportunities and risks to develop upsell/retention tools and pricing actions.
- Leverage voice of the customer to make product improvements. This requires partnering with channel partners and sales.
- Use primary and secondary research to identify key consumer needs, define target segments, and determine product feature enhancement and direction
- Conduct competitive analysis responsible for overseeing and owning all product related communication across the business
- Manage other opportunities on an ad hoc basis.
- 10+ years of Telecommunications and Product Management, Marketing or Operational experience
- Experience in developing product roadmaps, offers, business cases, project management and accountability for delivering against business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or related post-graduate degree preferred.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of customer needs, product functionality and Frontier’s capabilities to deliver optimized end-to-end product management
- Quick learner with a strong work ethic and decision-making prowess.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions based upon market needs, competitive situations and best ROI (return on investment).
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven with a passion for delivering the optimal customer experience while making the best use of Frontier’s technology.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Must have strong analytical, reporting and organizational skills.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% as needed to Frontier markets.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.