Frontier Communications Corporation.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QA Automation Test Analyst
at Frontier Communications Corporation.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
QA Automation Test Analyst - Job Description
Frontier Communications is seeking a QA Sr. Analyst to join our team as we transform our QA organization to increase velocity and accuracy across our test suites. This position is responsible for leading testing efforts impacting our digital environment as well as our native IOS and Android mobile apps. The analyst will help drive an ‘Automation First’ approach to help support an Agile Framework and increase efficiencies.
- Analyze business requirements and technical requirements to determine system test schedule, estimates and test cases.
- Execute queries and analyze data as well as testing artifacts to assist in determination of system test estimates and test cases
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and completeness or to determine gaps. Demonstrated knowledge of requirements traceability and applicability.
- Create, modify, and review test cases for validation of functionality in the Frontier.com and the Mobile applications.
- Execute tests to validate across multiple domains and applications.
- Test features and functions at the UI level as well as automation testing on APIs consumed in our customer facing applications
- Use Jira to monitor and update user stories: Boards, Dashboards, Filters, Issues types, and Bugs.
- Generate, modify, move and/or manage test data for various testing scenarios.
- Translate manual steps into instructions into test automation tool - AccelQ to build automated scripts.
- Triage and rerun scripts as needed for troubleshooting of complex issues (network, hardware, software).
- Schedule the execution of automated test suites via Jenkins and sent automated communications with the results.
- Perform Cross Browser Testing.
- Test mobile applications in IOS, Android, and Tablets.
- communication skills to participate in meetings, articulate the risks to all stakeholders, ask well-thought out questions to understand the business rules and the technical design to develop an efficient test approach.
- Demonstrated experience performing system testing, regression testing, negative testing, component level testing, boundary testing, and smoke testing.
- Report defects and ensure defects include test data, steps to recreate, test environment, actual and expected results, and troubleshooting performed.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues during testing to identify root cause.
- Hands on experience designing automated scripts to build automated regression suites and reduce manual testing.
- Effectively tracks the status of projects and multiple issues; identifies risk and creates plans to mitigate them.
- Set priorities well and manages changing priorities.
- Ability to explain, train, and guide. Demonstrates appropriate procedures.
- Requires excellent understanding of Quality Assurance principles across both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Detail oriented and organized, able to track multiple aspects of a project simultaneously.
- Strong collaboration skills to work alongside different members of a project team.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills coupled with initiative and accountability. Will need to do research and have strong time management skills. Must be self-starter highly motivated to obtain goals and results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact at various levels in the organization.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation as requested.
- Responsible, self-starter and team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends
- Must adhere to corporate/team etiquette.
- Basic programming skills a plus to efficiently design, maintain, and troubleshoot automated scripts and to support the team on the transition from manual testing to automated testing.
- Business knowledge within the Telecommunications Industry a plus.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Jira for bug management
- SoapUI or Postman to test APIs
- Automation testing
- AccelQ a plus
- Sauce labs a plus
- MSSQL, PLSQL, DB2
- QA principles, QA in an Agile framework
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior IT System Test Analyst experience or experience as a user of IT applications
- Basic understanding of Object-oriented programming
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.