General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator- Night Shift- TS Clearance
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Top Secret/SCI
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Hours for this role are Tuesday- Sunday 11:30PM- 8AM
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking Tier 2 System Administrators to support our Justice Programs team. In this position, you will directly support users over the phone with troubleshooting the applications and servers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
A Systems Administrator will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving Network Access Control admission requirements.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support for current and emerging technology IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Proactively, reactively and remotely monitor all FBI enterprise wide servers, applications, systems and databases
- Take corrective action by remotely identifying and escalating issues through monitoring, to ensure the operability of all servers and all systems
- Use the HP EMS tools to monitor to proactively monitor and manage Enterprise wide servers
- Manage Windows operating systems, VMware, and SQL Servers
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof or escalate to next level solver group.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide support to crisis events
- Provide user support for system and application issues
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required.?
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network systems administration and support
- Knowledge and experience with VMware, Windows Server 2012 configuration and administration
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to make decisions and adapt to change.
- Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance.
- Execute PowerShell scripting.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Desired Computing Environment certification: Windows Server 2012, MSCA, MCP, VCP5, etc.
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.