Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Services Coordinator - LPN
at Kindred at Home
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
The Patient Services Coordinator is directly responsible for scheduling visits and communicating with field staff, patients, physicians, etc. to maintain proper care coordination and continuity of care. The role also assists with day-to-day office and staff management
- Manages schedules for all patients. Edits schedule for agents calling in sick, ensuring patients are reassigned timely. Updates agent unavailability in worker console.
- Initiates infection control forms as needed, sends the HRD the completed “Employee Infection Report” to upload in the worker console.
- Serves as back up during the lunch hour and other busy times including receiving calls from the field staff and assisting with weekly case conferences. Refers clinical questions to Branch Director as necessary.
- Maintains the client hospitalization log, including entering coordination notes, and sending electronic log to all office, field, and sales staff.
- Completes requested schedule as task appears on the action screen. Ensures staff are scheduled for skilled nurse/injection visits unless an aide supervisory visit is scheduled in conjunction with the injection visit.
- Completes requested schedules for all add-ons and applicable orders:
- Schedules discharge visit / OASIS Collection or recert visit following case conference when task appears on action screen.
- Schedules TIF OASIS collection visits and deletes remaining schedule.
- Reschedules declined or missed (if appropriate) visits.
- Processes reassigned and rescheduled visits.
- Ensures supervisory visits are scheduled.
- Runs all scheduling reports including Agent Summary Report and Missed Visits Done on Paper Report.
- Prepares weekly Agent Schedules. Performs initial review of weekly schedule for productivity / geographic issues and forwards schedule to Branch Director for approval prior to distribution to staff.
- Verifies visit paper notes in scheduling console as needed.
- Assists with internal transfer of patients between branch offices.
- If clinical, receives lab reports and assesses for normality, fax a copy of lab to doctor, make a copy for the Case Manager, and route to Medical Records Department. Initiate Employee / Patient Infection Reports as necessary.
- If clinical, may be required to perform patient visits and / or participate in on-call rotation.
- Be a Licensed Professional Nurse or a Licensed Vocational Nurse licensed in the state in which he / she practices OR have at least 1 year of home health experience.
- Prior packet review / QI experience preferred.
- Coding certification is preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Must be currently licensed in the State of employment if applicable.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, the ability to interact well with a diverse group of individuals, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.