GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Application Administrator
at GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC.
Summary:Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis activities. May use CASE tools.
- The Application Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the HP / Micro Focus uCMDB product.
- This includes discovery, service modeling, application health and the overall application support.
- Evaluates user needs and system functionality in order to ensure that customer-facing production and internal business systems meet the needs of individuals and projects.
- Ensures the smooth operation of Governance Technology Tools for the business related to system stability and compliance.
- Provides optimal security precautions within the HP or other product lines. Including HP UCMDB / UD, HP Operations Orchestration, HP Service Manager and future products.
- Manages crisis situations, which may involve security violations or complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Performs regular system auditing tasks including daily log monitoring, regular system patch reviews and system alert message review.
- Creates and regularly updates the monitoring systems for production systems to ensure that appropriate personnel receive early warnings of potential issues.
- Effectively communicates relevant systems related information to the information technology team and superiors.
- Responds to escalated help desk issues that may involve complicated technical troubleshooting.
- Designs, configures and maintains configuration standards for critical business applications.
- Architects, implements, documents and maintains all technology and procedures to comply with the security requirements of a financial transaction processor (PCI).
- Continually keeps up to date with the latest technologies.
- Carries an automatic notification device and is available for after-hours on-call support.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance at the worksite.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- College Degree preferred
- Experience in managing and maintaining the uCMDB application with the ability to branch out into other application with in the Micro Focus suite and integrated products via Connect-It, API or other
- Experience with HP / MicroFocus uCMDB / UD for 5+ years
- Responsible for overall uCMDB application administration
- Able to work both independently as well as collaboratively achieving results within established timeframes with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of server and network infrastructure and communication
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments supporting business as usual, user request as well as special projects
- Able to effectively communicate and display a professional, mature attitude in dealing with internal customers, management and personnel across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or related and relevant experience
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services that delivers innovative solutions driven by customer needs globally. Our technologies, partnerships and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of products and services that allow our customers to accept all payment types across a variety of distribution channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with more than 8,500 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with merchants and partners in 30 countries throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and Brazil.
- Corporate citizenship is fundamental to our values
- Real opportunities to grow professionally
- Collaborative, friendly work environment
- Relaxed, casual dress code
- Competitive benefits