Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. .NET Developer
at Globe Life
This position reports to the IT Application Manager and is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications. Programmer Analysts participate in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle as needed, applying expert knowledge of system interaction and business familiarity to meet business needs.
The Senior Programmer Analyst will assist the Application Manager to oversee a team of personnel, focused on technical issues including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks. In addition training staff and delegating work assignments, the Senior Programmer Analyst may also collaborate with colleagues to identify and resolve technical issues. They often evaluate work processes and best practices, as well as implement changes to streamline operations.
While specific job duties will vary depending on the type of team, general job responsibilities may include creating service goals for the team; ensuring current applications are updated and align with the implementation of new applications; analyzing end users' needs; and selecting applications to meet those needs. Other tasks may include developing troubleshooting programs and supervising system modifications.
- A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
- Ability to drive design and architecture discussions across the team, create application architecture documents, and be responsible for high quality implementation
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving/trouble shooting skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with technical/non-technical audiences
- Participate in project planning sessions to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and, provide input to information/data flow
- Document detailed application specifications; translate technical requirements into programmed application modules; and, develop and enhance software application modules
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined architectural specifications. Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Prepare unit and integration test plans for program changes, and in cooperation with clients and other I.T. personnel, perform the testing
- Review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation
- Work cross-functionally with other team members: other engineers, testers, product owners, designers, Ops, customer support
- Partner with QA, DB, BA/PO and other dependent teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer science or related field
- 7+ Experience developing software following an Agile and/or Waterfall methodology
- 7+ years recent hands-on software development work experience in C#, .Net and related Microsoft technologies (MS SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# or VB.NET, MVC, WCF, Web Services, XML)
- Demonstrated ability to architect, design and lead development of software components through production releases
- Expert in one or more of the following areas:
- Application/Middle Tier: WebAPI, WCF, Windows Service Applications, SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Database Tier: Microsoft SQLServer 2005 or higher, T-SQL, Stored Procs, SSIS. Oracle is a plus
- Exposure to software engineering best practices and design patterns
- Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques utilizing programming skills and contribute to the technical code base including any required documentation
- Experience with Microsoft Project is highly desirable