Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UX Web Designer / Developer
at Globe Life
A UX Web Designer / Developer designs and codes the look and user experience of websites for numerous Globe Life companies and divisions.
This position works on Globe Life and affiliate company web sites and multimedia through all phases of creation, development, implementation, support and maintenance. This can include UX, UI and front-end development. A highly qualified employee should have a passion for user interface design, a focus on understanding the needs of users and anticipation for user actions, and experience with the latest web trends and coding languages.
We are looking for a Web Developer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. Developers are responsible for developing front end site architecture and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties.
To have your application considered, you must include an online portfolio of your design work with your application and resume.
- UX Design – Meet with initial design team to discuss new web projects. Create outlines, wireframes, mockups, and sitemaps as needed to fit within the scope and business model as requested by manager or primary business owner.
- UI Design – Reviews outlines and wireframes to create highly detailed, artistic mockups for web design projects. Should have a keen eye for latest web trends which maximize both aesthetics and usability.
- Front End Development – Takes UI design mockups and turns them into function web code. Should have a good knowledge of latest web technologies in order to successfully build sleek, highly interactive web interfaces.
- Practical knowledge of common hardware, software and network environments including:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity of ASP.Net, using the C# back-end programming language
- Additional Skills and Experience a plus:
- version control tools such as Git or TFS
- MVC framework
- Basic understanding of ASP.NET
- Experience working with CMS Systems, especially Kentico
- Understand how to build Microsoft Web APIs
- Experience in creating websites and databases using Microsoft products: IIS and SQL Server
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Online portfolio of design work - must include when applying
- Highly motivated self-starter a must
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing, Web Design, Visual Communication, or Web Development or similar field or equivalent
- Minimum five years’ experience working in marketing or web capacity required