Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern - Oracle Application Technical Specialist
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Intern
- Intern / Student
The Oracle Application Technical Specialist Intern, under general supervision, is responsible for providing analysis and second-tier support for Oracle R12 E-business Suite and related third-party applications. The position involves, but is not limited to, the analysis, design and estimation of small to medium-scale projects, product support, and coordination with team members on project development. This position involves moderate coordination with other departments, business partners, and outside vendors in support of international IT operations.
- Provide applications level 1 support for systems issue resolution.
- Implement business software and provide systems administration set-up and configuration.
- Ability to work with third party vendors providing in country level 1 application support.
- Work closely with Oracle Application Development and Oracle Database teams including both United States and off-shore team members.
- Provide After Hours Support as assigned
- Gather customer requirements to provide innovative solutions and recommend system, product and process enhancements.
- Prepare documentation and specifications for system improvements, under the direction of more senior specialists or direct supervisor.
- Work closely with internal business units to facilitate project completion.
- Communicate with managers and business partners on business systems and project statuses.
- Design and create production and ad hoc reports.
- Monitor scheduled application interfaces and work with senior team members to provide issue resolution
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Maintain system and functional awareness and competence.
- Assist Quality Assurance and business partners during the testing phases of projects as needed.
- Perform Unit Testing on Maintenance Items and Production Break Fixes.
- Assist with systems implementations and the evaluation of the results.
- Serve as contact to relationships outside of the Company as appropriate.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned/required.
- Ability to learn how to create and work RFC and SR tickets with Oracle On Demand
- Oracle Managed Cloud Services and Oracle Support.
Reports to: Corporate Business Systems Manager, AVP Corporate Business Systems, or VP ITS
Direct Reports: None
- Basic understanding of Information Systems operations.
- Working knowledge of respective business support area.
- Ability to read and follow system manuals and documentation pertaining to the operations of computer and software applications and equipment.
- Capable of relating business issues to the ITS staff in an effort to achieve the necessary resolution of issues.
- Good analytical, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to interpret and/or write system documentation, project charters, business requirements and other project related documents.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to manage business relationships with internal clients.
- Promote a cooperative and productive team environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required in computer studies or related business area.
- Minimum of 1-2 years support experience in an IT environment or respective business area.
- Normal Office Environment
- Subject to stressful situations as they relate to deadlines and dealing with business partners, other departments, and outside vendors.
- Some travel to company and vendor sites is required.