Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regulatory Compliance Leader
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Legal / Compliance
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Fort Worth
The Regulatory Compliance Leader is responsible for managing on-going regulatory compliance initiatives including: Providing data and information required for state annual reports and associated licensing reports, managing state and federal examinations to completion, and responding to state, federal, and executive level consumer complaints. This leader will research, analyze, and review business processes to ensure correct and timely implementation of regulatory requirements, identify monitoring needs, and ensure that business changes are made and documented according to the company’s compliance program. The Regulatory Compliance Leader will interact with all levels of management and departments across the organization as well as external customers, and state and federal examiners.
- Act as lead for state and federal regulatory examinations and other compliance initiatives by partnering with business owners, enabling functions, and internal Legal Department resources to ensure successful completion/implementation within established timeframes as required by regulatory entities.
- Develop a thorough understanding of GM Financial policies, procedures, state and federal regulatory requirements, quality control and monitoring activities
- Review, research, and provide written and/or telephone response to executive complaints and complaints received from regulatory agencies such as the CFPB, state banking departments, and state attorneys general. Maintain documentation in the complaint database and system of record. Communicate and follow-up with associated departments until resolution.
- Assess business processes and make proactive recommendations to mitigate compliance risk and identify monitoring and reporting needs when business, system, or regulatory changes go into effect.
- Maintain discretion when disseminating critical and/or confidential information while ensuring appropriate parties are informed.
- Compile accurate and timely documentation/data in response to state examination correspondence and licensing annual report deadlines.
- Participate in system enhancements or change to procedures related to change in state and federal regulation.
- Foster open communication and information sharing within the department to ensure that all team members are knowledgeable of department responsibilities, goals, initiatives and established deadlines.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Complete other related duties and projects, as assigned.
Reports to: AVP Compliance Administration
- Exhibit knowledge of GM Financial’s core business functions, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial industry and regulatory compliance to applicable state and federal laws.
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and Microsoft and Project applications.
- Knowledge of GM Financial reporting tools and systems such as Cognos, AS400, General Ledger and Oracle.
- Knowledge of SQL or other database language tools.
- Advanced business writing.
- Use appropriate analysis, judgment and logic when solving problems and making decisions. Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Display strong computer skills, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Plan, execute and improve work processes to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Provide leadership through influence, inspiration, collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective listening and verbal communication.
- Relate well with others, build relationships and constructively interact with a variety of people and situations.
- Proactively achieve goals and objectives, which positively impact AmeriCredit's cash flow, profitability, and overall business results.
- Demonstrate integrity while successfully managing work demands and pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant studies preferred and/or equivalent experience required.
- Proven record and extensive background in state regulations in the consumer finance industry, auto finance preferable.
- Four plus years of experience in internal audit, information technology systems, risk management, analytical field, and/or consumer finance.
- Four plus years of experience in compliance.
- Experience working in a professional office environment required.
Fast-paced office environment, subject to regular deadlines and some stressful situations.
Occasional long hours may be required in order to meet department goals.